• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst resubmitt result you have ever achieved?

97 posts in this topic

Ask Sufunk.

I am intrigued. I hope he chimes in.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

Ask Sufunk.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

131025.jpg.761423349cda40c2a132ecdde8f74f44.jpg

Ask Sufunk.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Are you going to try for an 8.0? :baiting:

Ask Sufunk.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Are you going to try for an 8.0? :baiting:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ask Sufunk.

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

Ask Sufunk.

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

And yes, I am DEFINITELY going to try for an 8.0 eventually (thumbs u

Ask Sufunk.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

:idea:

An Idea Came to Mind

I'm surprised no one here has formed something similar to a portfolio club or REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) for comic books.

You know, money is pooled, shares or % ownership are distributed/assigned. The group or assigned managers look for likely investments to buy and sell.

We have a lot of talent here. I could see certain individuals looking for CPR or raw upgrade candidates; others looking for books likely to appreciate over time.

(shrug)

Ask Sufunk.

No.

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

Waiting on PM. :popcorn:

Ask Sufunk.

No.

Waiting on PM. :popcorn:

+1

Ask Sufunk.

No.

Very interesting. I eagerly await the day that is released. Here in oz cabinet papers are released after 30 years. I hope it isn't that long.

Ask Sufunk.

No.

You'll probably going to wait awhile. The CGC graders has been really harsh grading books lately.