• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst resubmitt result you have ever achieved?

97 posts in this topic

Ask Sufunk.

I am intrigued. I hope he chimes in.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

And yes, I am DEFINITELY going to try for an 8.0 eventually (thumbs u

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

Waiting on PM. :popcorn:

+1

Maybe you should make it a mass PM. Everyone wants to know the story. It makes me leary of my one lingering candidate for resubmission.

Ask Sufunk.

I had a 9.2 Avengers 4 that looked like a VERY good resub candidate. Joey pressed out a few non cb dings but it to a 9.0 on the resub like a year ago. I tried again a couple months ago and AGAIN it dropped, this time from 9.0 to 8.5 meh

Did it look like the book was possibly damaged at all in route to CGC either time? Or do the resub fairies just really really hate Avengers #4? :)

So gonna try to press and resub it again? I can't see this not coming back higher if it wasn't damaged in shipping at some point.

No.

They went on and on about how the back upper staple has all this damage coming off it that hammered the grade. For the life of me, I can't see what they are talking about???

One of these days, I will tell the whole story about what happened after the 8.5 but I'm pretty sure the boards will implode once I drop that bomb hm

I am now highly interested in how they responded. I understand if you don't want to post publicly about it though. If you want to PM a short version I am highly curious now in how poorly they handled this situation.

How could CGC handle the situation wrong? He pressed the book and took the risk of regrading. It didn't work in his favor.

Then pressed it again and tried again with the same risk. Again, it came back lower.

Play the press, crack game and you may lose. It's not CGC's fault. Anything can happen along the way. The book being released from the slab could have had damage, the press could have caused something, shipping it again to CGC could have caused a problem. Any number of issues could occur when playing the CPR game.

Blaming CGC for your greed isn't appropriate. Especially, spouting public accusations about CGC without providing the details is wrong also.

Sufunk played the game and lost. End of story.

I don't have any horror stories, but a few disappointments.

The only grade drop was a Kamandi 1 (don't laugh, I have a soft spot for the book) that was 9.4 old label. CPR and came back 9.2

I have had books that were disappointing for not improving. ASM 129 9.0, Hero for Hire #1 9.0 and Flash 123 8.5 immediately come to mind. There were significant defects that pressed out nicely but the books came back the same grade.

Overall though, CPR has been worthwhile. And in time your eye gets better and better for spotting good candidates.

OMG, I cannot imagine how sufunk feels. Bad luck bro!

I currently have a book at Joey's (too bad he's in NYC lol ) that I rescued from a PGX slab, I'm pretty sure it'll come back lower or the same. I'm totally ok with that, and who knows I may get a surprise. I'm sure I'll update my cracking thread once I know. (thumbs u

Ask Sufunk.

No.

How could CGC handle the situation wrong? He pressed the book and took the risk of regrading. It didn't work in his favor.

Then pressed it again and tried again with the same risk. Again, it came back lower.

Play the press, crack game and you may lose. It's not CGC's fault. Anything can happen along the way. The book being released from the slab could have had damage, the press could have caused something, shipping it again to CGC could have caused a problem. Any number of issues could occur when playing the CPR game.

Blaming CGC for your greed isn't appropriate. Especially, spouting public accusations about CGC without providing the details is wrong also.

Not entirely true. The second submission was a straight resub. No press. I hand carried the book to Chicago and gave it to CGC to grade again.

Ask Sufunk.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Are you going to try for an 8.0? :baiting:

I am sitting here in class and just laughed out loud at this. In relation to the presented material, I should not be finding anything funny.

Ask Sufunk.

No.

Especially, spouting public accusations about CGC without providing the details.

CHALLENGE!!!

Spill it sufunk!

Ask Sufunk.

No.

Not entirely true. The second submission was a straight resub. No press. I hand carried the book to Chicago and gave it to CGC to grade again.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Not knocking your work Joey in anyway. But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

It's gambling. My opinion is sufunk was greedy and went for the 9.4. Trying again was :screwy:

I would have been quite happy with that 9.2

I don't have any horror stories, but a few disappointments.

The only grade drop was a Kamandi 1 (don't laugh, I have a soft spot for the book) that was 9.4 old label. CPR and came back 9.2

I have had books that were disappointing for not improving. ASM 129 9.0, Hero for Hire #1 9.0 and Flash 123 8.5 immediately come to mind. There were significant defects that pressed out nicely but the books came back the same grade.

Overall though, CPR has been worthwhile. And in time your eye gets better and better for spotting good candidates.

OMG, I cannot imagine how sufunk feels. Bad luck bro!

Maybe you should send your books to PGX.I hear you have a soft spot for them.

Plus your grades will go back up!

Ask Sufunk.

No.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Not knocking your work Joey in anyway. But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

It's gambling. My opinion is sufunk was greedy and went for the 9.4. Trying again was :screwy:

I would have been quite happy with that 9.2

It was a darn nice 9.2 too

you all forgot about 2 years ago when someone here cracked out an AF 15 blue label, have it signed and got a yellow label in one grade lower? it was quite an entertaining thread...to cut it short, he got CGC to change the grade higher after some "persuasion".....unless I am wrong about the changing grade part...I will let the expert searchers dig that out.

you all forgot about 2 years ago when someone here cracked out an AF 15 blue label, have it signed and got a yellow label in one grade lower? it was quite an entertaining thread...to cut it short, he got CGC to change the grade higher after some "persuasion".....unless I am wrong about the changing grade part...I will let the expert searchers dig that out.

Ask and yea shall receive.

I am sitting here in class and just laughed out loud at this.

Sunday class. :eek:

It is a finance class from 8-4 but we have been getting out at 3...

At least I will not miss the Yankee game.

Nick (thumbs u

But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

The truth could be it was never a 9.2 when it was first graded, and maybe not even a 9.0 second time round.

Nick (thumbs u

Yep, that was quite a thread.

But truth is we are talking about delicate items and anything can happen to impact the grade including human judgement on that given day.

The truth could be it was never a 9.2 when it was first graded, and maybe not even a 9.0 second time round.

Exactly.

Why play the CPR game and risk it? I have a ton of books that look like they could benefit from CPR. I don't like to gamble. Maybe I think they look better than the assigned grade but I'm wrong...and my 9.0 TOS 55 isn't really a 9.0 it's worse... I lose.

I prefer to leave my books alone once I buy them slabbed. If I wanted a 9.4 Avengers 4 I'd buy one.

I certainly would NEVER CPR a 9.2 key. Too much to lose.

Exactly.

Why play the CPR game and risk it? I have a ton of books that look like they could benefit from CPR. I don't like to gamble. Maybe I think they look better than the assigned grade but I'm wrong...and my 9.0 TOS 55 isn't really a 9.0 it's worse... I lose.

I prefer to leave my books alone once I buy them slabbed. If I wanted a 9.4 Avengers 4 I'd buy one.

I certainly would NEVER CPR a 9.2 key. Too much to lose.

My thoughts exactly.

I am sitting here in class and just laughed out loud at this.

Sunday class. :eek:

It is a finance class from 8-4 but we have been getting out at 3...

At least I will not miss the Yankee game.

That's good. You wouldn't want to miss one of the last 3 games of the season.