• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should a confessed comic book thief be allowed to continue selling on Ebay?

71 posts in this topic

Can you not call Ebay? Or I mean have you tried that yet?

I think Skypinkblu gave me a number that I called them on onetime got a person etc

Definitely the guy should be kept from selling ANYTHING

and the "I got them and didn't know they were stolen routine" can't play out forever..

Even if that has been the song and dance up to this point ..NOW they should know better..

hey wasn't there already a thread about this?

I haven't been around for awhile but I could have sworn there was a thread with the sellers name in the title?

Even though they didn't know they were stolen at the time of sale, one would think that once they found out they would keep the seller from posting other items.

2nd thief is best thief.

Can you not call Ebay? Or I mean have you tried that yet?

I think Skypinkblu gave me a number that I called them on onetime got a person etc

Definitely the guy should be kept from selling ANYTHING

and the "I got them and didn't know they were stolen routine" can't play out forever..

Even if that has been the song and dance up to this point ..NOW they should know better..

hey wasn't there already a thread about this?

I haven't been around for awhile but I could have sworn there was a thread with the sellers name in the title?

Even though they didn't know they were stolen at the time of sale, one would think that once they found out they would keep the seller from posting other items.

I intend to make sure that ebay knows exactly what happened.

So are these guys KorvacS. and Mysterio out the cash ? or are they covered by some stretch of paypal protection etc .

Cause if I were Korvac that is like 3-4 months of rent monies in comic books..

So are these guys KorvacS. and Mysterio out the cash ? or are they covered by some stretch of paypal protection etc .

I got a full refund for the book before I returned it to the police. I am pretty sure that Korvac was also made whole, but he could comment better on that than I could.

I got a full refund for the book before I returned it to the police. I am pretty sure that Korvac was also made whole, but he could comment better on that than I could.

Yup, got the refund for both books. Now said seller is threatening to sue me for leaving him a neg and suggesting that he knew the books were stolen. :screwy:

Ahhh, things are looking better.

Seller's Feedback

A hole is now threatening to sue me over this feedback, claiming defamation of character and such. Still claims he was duped into listing these books and didn't know they were stolen. That's all BS, right?

Yes gargux is the employee who stole the books, confessed to stealing them.

I'm going to try to get a copy of his confession statement and post it on line.

That confession (along with scans of books stolen and subsequently sold) should go to ebay in much the same way the stolen BB#28 has..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360495345882?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Maximize exposure on this dirtbag.

Continuing to sell after confessing? Why hasn't the police confiscated these comics? Searched his home? If he had been caught selling a Rolex that was in a robbery and he admitted to it they would at least take a look around right? Selling a diamond ring from the same robbery after the confession would result in new charges wouldn't it? I think contacting the police should be considered in addition to contacting eBay.