• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Stuff.

92 posts in this topic

Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.6 Black Label Warning $950 firm

8601B0C3-DD6A-4B21-8B0C-FFB248BC9E18-4146-0000030D182E29FD.jpg

This may be a stupid questions, but what do you mean by "Black Label Warning"?...

There are two walking dead #1. The Mature Reader is in white on half the print run and in Black on other half.

blacks more rare

Not according to the print run. Everything I've ever read says there were 7,300 black warning label and only about 3000 white label. I have noticed a lot fewer black label copies up for sale and a 9.8 sold for crazy amounts a while back, however.

Not according to the print run. Everything I've ever read says there were 7,300 black warning label and only about 3000 white label. I have noticed a lot fewer black label copies up for sale and a 9.8 sold for crazy amounts a while back, however.

Totally incorrect. The combined print run (including both versions) is approx. 7,300. No one knows exactly how many of each variant was printed.

Nice copy, regardless. GLWTS

Totally incorrect. The combined print run (including both versions) is approx. 7,300. No one knows exactly how many of each variant was printed.

Nice copy, regardless. GLWTS

The issue is a simple printer mistake. The black and white plates were set up where te black printed over the white in error, the plates were switched and then came the white warning with black shadow. It doesn't matter though since the print run was 7300 total. Regardless which color warning is on the cover, it is a hot under printed book that is a deal at $950. (thumbs u

What would she do with them on a stick? Grill them with a nice marinade or just put them in the yard as a warning? Would you really miss them once you had a sweet black warning Walking Dead #1 blessed by MikeyNYC?

Not sure, ever since she started playing roller derby, she's....changed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to crash your sales thread.

$950 for this book is crazy cheap actually. Fact is, if it's a printer error it does make it a little cooler i.m.o.

There is a lot of of debate on the subject including on our very own forums. So maybe I shouldn't have said "everything I've ever read". I have a white label and the sad thing is I feel like I have to own both. If I only had the money... wanna trade it for a double signed white label 9.2? Probably not. :(

In my experience... I've purchased about 8 copies of #1 over the past 2 years and had them all graded and I've never touched a black label. If they are more common then the owners must keep them hidden in their collections.

p.s. Those numbers I quoted were from the thewalkingdeadfanclub.com. Maybe they meant of 7,300 total with 3,000 of them having a white warning label.

Great book at a great price! (thumbs u GLWTS!

Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.6 Black Label Warning $950 firm

8601B0C3-DD6A-4B21-8B0C-FFB248BC9E18-4146-0000030D182E29FD.jpg

This may be a stupid questions, but what do you mean by "Black Label Warning"?...

There are two walking dead #1. The Mature Reader is in white on half the print run and in Black on other half.

blacks more rare

you sir are dumb, and dead wrong!

The black label is a printing error, and was caught at the early stages of printing, although it was not know the exact number that ran through the printing it was discovered before the print was run halfway through. there fore if anything there are more likely to be 3000 blacks and 7000 whites than the other way around.

If you dont KNOW ANYTHING about what your talking about dont post your bull. There are LESS blacks than WHITES, and there most definitely have been LESS blacks for sale on ebay than WHITES.

And show me proof that you read there were 7300 blacks cause theres a better chance you cant read than you finding an article saying that false information noob.

Holy mess dude! You are a bonafide individual_without_enough_empathy. (thumbs u

Honestly you.

Ok - and sorry to take away from the fact that MikeNY is selling a $1400 book for only $950...

The print run was 7266.

The Black mature readers label was an error which was belatedly discovered during printing.

It was topped at 3266 - this is mostly supposition but this seems to be the concensus that Image are going on.

4000 White warning labels were printed.

Now some say that ebays ratio is 7:1 white v Black (you know who you are) but I have 6 and it's 3 each (shrug)

I'm sure someone will dispute this on their family honour etc etc

This is cheap - buy it. :wishluck:

:lol:

The WD 1 is no longer for sale. I have been using it to rest my head upon as the Tom Foolery continues. To relieve myself of such a security blanket would be detrimental to my fragile ego.

The argument rages on, please continue. :popcorn:

Because as many people know the walking dead comic will not be able to retain its value within the long run as say, a first issue of spiderman batman ect. That being said it is a matter of time before the walking dead tv show comes to a close and with it, comes the time when people realize people are no longer in search of these books as strongly as they once were. People then begin to flood the market with these walking dead # 1 books and soon the buyer become aware of the supply and demand. Now that there is a greater supply than a demand the books will come down in price. Im not saying this is happening tomorrow but it is in the inevitable future.

Because as many people know the walking dead comic will not be able to retain its value within the long run as say, a first issue of spiderman batman ect. That being said it is a matter of time before the walking dead tv show comes to a close and with it, comes the time when people realize people are no longer in search of these books as strongly as they once were. People then begin to flood the market with these walking dead # 1 books and soon the buyer become aware of the supply and demand. Now that there is a greater supply than a demand the books will come down in price. Im not saying this is happening tomorrow but it is in the inevitable future.

You, sir, are without a doubt the douchiest of all from the most recent crop of noobs - kudos :applause:

:facepalm:

It's pretty f'd up in my opinion (and I'm sure most other boardies would agree) that you'd post this type of statement in someone's sales thread; especially since that individual is (was?) offering that book for sale.

Whether your opinion is relevant, wise, thought provoking or not, thread crapping is lame and you should've taken your argument to the Discussion Thread. That's my 2c because I'd be pissed if something like this took place in my sales thread.

You, sir, are without a doubt the douchiest of all from the most recent crop of noobs - kudos :applause:

+19