• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATTLE #68 1960 KIRBY

15 posts in this topic

SWEET BOOK! No hidden flaws.

battle68.jpg

battle68bc.jpg

.....I don't see anything that would stop me from buying it as an 8.0......sweet book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

6.0, possibly a 6.5 on a good day. IMO the water spot at the top of the back cover alone drops it below 7.0. I think if the water spot was just gloss loss you might see 7.0+, but with the darkening of the spot (maybe that's just my computer screen?), I just haven't seen any recently graded books of this age better than 6.5 with that sort of defect. I also see a back cover corner crease/bend in lower opening corner. The three roller creases on the front cover shouldn't hurt the grade, but the vertical one on the front through the solder's helmet and some finger smudges on the back could, probably enough to drop it one more increment. Are you all thinking this is old enough for the GA bump? I've sent a lot of Atlas books in this era that just get hammered for tiny things like these.

I tend to agree with Jimbo - no reason this shouldn't be an 8.0, but if it did take a bigger hit for the water spot , I'd say less than 7.5 is criminal considering the defects one routinely finds on 7.0 books.