• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

I dont think anyone will actually be pressing in the convention center. I think everyone is taking them out and bringing them back. I could be very wrong but the way I read most of the info I found, it sounds like they are going to be able to turn around books quick but not actually in the building.

Quick Q: I know there is on-site grading, but will there be on-site pressing?

Look about 10 threads down on this page.

Thanks. Sorry if I'm slow, but Joey will be taking comics back and forth from his place to Megacon, but nothing done 'at the show' per se?

No one would set up and press on the showroom floor. If CGC is doing it on-site they most likely have a room rented out somewhere away from prying eyes. As for me, I will be taking them home and working on them in the evening hours and dropping off the next day.

A limited number of dinners?
He'll be taking more books if it looks like dinner will be boring.

Thats's why I left myself an out.

If I was coming, you would take 7 books home. I'll PM you about picking some Cooke books for me. :baiting:

A limited number of dinners?
He'll be taking more books if it looks like dinner will be boring.

Thats's why I left myself an out.

If I was coming, you would take 7 books home. I'll PM you about picking some Cooke books for me. :baiting:

Fortunately, that falls between 5 and 500 comics.

two things to post:

[1] There is a Neal Adams Golden Ticket - can't find details other than what is listed on the mobile MegaCon app. it says you get the following:

2 signed and dedicated iconic prints

Batman Illustrated 1 w/ a profile sketch in it and bookplate

1 sketchbook of your choice

"Move to the head of the line pass" to pickup your stuff from him

$200 (request form is available in the app - not sure if it is posted anywhere else.) found a link

http://nealadams.com/index.php/2012-05-08-15-01-32/neal-adams-golden-ticket

[2] Dont kill me for posting - I put a group of raw comics up in the Mixed for sale thread that are all NM to NM+ and will have creators at MegaCon for SS. I have too many and started eliminating options and put em up for sale w/ a pickup option at the show.

They just posted they have run out of presale tickets!

that's some marketing at it's finest.

They posted that on 3/9 that they would be closing the online sales. They just did it a day earlier I guess. Callin it a sell out.

two things to post:

[1] There is a Neal Adams Golden Ticket - can't find details other than what is listed on the mobile MegaCon app. it says you get the following:

2 signed and dedicated iconic prints

Batman Illustrated 1 w/ a profile sketch in it and bookplate

1 sketchbook of your choice

"Move to the head of the line pass" to pickup your stuff from him

$200 (request form is available in the app - not sure if it is posted anywhere else.) found a link

http://nealadams.com/index.php/2012-05-08-15-01-32/neal-adams-golden-ticket

Thanks for the tip. I just wish that wasn't close to my whole budget for the entire event or I would have been all over this.

Thanks. Sorry if I'm slow, but Joey will be taking comics back and forth from his place to Megacon, but nothing done 'at the show' per se?

Why don't you just ask Joey.

(shrug)

Because it sounds like Joey will be going between the two places and I was wondering if there was another party/company that would be on-site.

Sorry, I misread your post and thought you were asking a question about Joey when in fact you were looking for other options.

:foryou:

Why don't you just ask Joey.

(shrug)

Because it sounds like Joey will be going between the two places and I was wondering if there was another party/company that would be on-site.

Sorry, I misread your post and thought you were asking a question about Joey when in fact you were looking for other options.

:foryou:

No problemo; my question has been answered :thumbsup:

On another note - have you ever been to that Sea World hotel before? I had to stay there for work; not too shabby in those parts, esp at that price.