• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Any additions would be welcomed but...

At this point, I would only plan for the creators already listed. It is just over a month away and not likely that they will be adding much.

I hope the weather is great and everyone that is attending has a great time.

The list of panels was updated on Sunday: http://www.megaconvention.com/PDFs/2013/panel_schedule.pdf

Here are some good looking ones below.

Note that Marvel’s Manager of Talent Relations George Beliard is coming, so that is pretty exciting.

Also, fun is guaranteed any time Darwyn Cooke, Jimmy Palmiotti or Frank Tieri are on a panel together.

Friday

Crime Noir Panel II

Honestly, The Rack Pack Comics Podcast just wanted an excuse to do another wild, fun panel with Darwyn Cooke, Jimmy Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, Justin Gray and Dave Johnson, so we’re calling it “Crime Noir” again. But don’t let that fool you. We’ll cover a range of topics and possibly get Tieri to do another shot of whiskey.

Room 221DE 2:50pm – 3:40pm

Saturday

Join the Marvel crew for the NOW! take on a classic game. Celebrity panelists Mike Perkins, Mark Waid, Mike McKone, Jorge Molina, and other amazing talents join host and Marvel’s Manager of Talent Relations George Beliard for Marvel’s Fill-In The-Blank Game! Contestants chosen from the audience will have the opportunity to compete for prizes, as they try to get into the minds of some of comics’ most illustrious talents.

Room 222 12:50pm – 1:40pm

Voice Actors Gone Wild!!!

Voice actors Tara Strong, John DiMaggio, DC Douglas, Billy West and Christine Vee read a portion of the film -script for Lord of the Rings in the voices of their own creation.

Room 224CDGH 1:00pm – 2:15pm

Sunday

Kickstart your Kickstarter

What are the ins and outs of funding a project with Kickstarter? Darwyn Cooke, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Connor, Justin Gray and Dave Johnson join us to discuss strategies for using this internet phenomenon.

Room 221C 2:15pm – 3:05pm

you mean Matt Nelson? I am guessing yes.

Just happened that my son's spring break is also during the week of MegaCon.

I have not been to one of these so I am debating to book a few days hotel in the area so we can do Seaworld and MegaCon...decision..decision.

Marie will be there during the show taking submissions for CCS on-site pressing. I believe we're taking submissions all day Thursday and Friday (and possibly early Saturday) to insure the books are done by Sunday. CCS will have a spot at the CGC table.

Marie will be there during the show taking submissions for CCS on-site pressing. I believe we're taking submissions all day Thursday and Friday (and possibly early Saturday) to insure the books are done by Sunday. CCS will have a spot at the CGC table.

Accepting on Thursday? Is that setup day and if so, how does one get in there for this if you are not an exhibitor?

If you can't get in with a dealer badge, it might be a good idea to pass the books off to someone who can, and have them submit the books for you. Another way is to mail them to CCS the week before. Call Marie at CCS to coordinate that if you do ship them.

Matt

Two more weeks!

Don't remind me!

I'm still trying to figure out what books to drop off for onsite, finish my sketch opp up, figure out what books to drop off for onsite, .... too many decisions.

Anyone want to plan a boardie dinner for Saturday night. I won't be able to plan it but pick a place and time and I'll be there.