• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megacon

462 posts in this topic

Two more weeks!

Don't remind me!

I'm still trying to figure out what books to drop off for onsite, finish my sketch opp up, figure out what books to drop off for onsite, .... too many decisions.

Anyone want to plan a boardie dinner for Saturday night. I won't be able to plan it but pick a place and time and I'll be there.

Im down though I have no clue where though.

If you like GREAT bbq, there is the place called 4 Rivers that you have to try. I have other plans on Sat night, otherwise I would set something up.

4 rivers is unbelievabably good. :headbang:

Seating is usually a problem during peak times though so if you plan on going on a saturday night, it may be a madhouse.

Wish I could make it up there. :cry:

I agree that 4rivers is top notch grub. It isn't very close to the convention center and the lines/wait can be a bit brutal (especially since we will all be on our feet for the whole day!)

If anyone like's sushi, best sushi I've ever had is at Dragonfly

It's close to convention center. A bit pricey especially if you spend all your $ at the con, but totally worth the price. Not only sushi so you'll have choices.

Just thinking about it is making me want to cancel my plans and go.

It's close to convention center. A bit pricey especially if you spend all your $ at the con, but totally worth the price. Not only sushi so you'll have choices.

:baiting: do it.

:baiting: do it.

Wife's 30th birthday or megacon??

While megacon would be nice, I'd have to start looking for a place to live in Orlando because I wouldn't have a home to come back to if I went.

I'm already missing our wedding anniversary because of a guys golf trip. If I miss her 30th b-day too, it's all over.

we are prepping the boxes for the show, as we speak!

what is your booth # and what kinda selection are you bringing? (I have a good idea but other boards may not!)

Great question. I believe we are booths 109/208

We will have a great selection of golden age keys and in demand books. A wonderful selection of silver age keys (low to mid to high grade even)

We also bring 1/2 price current boxes , $2, 3/$10, 2/$10, 3/$25 and Individually priced bronze and silver and even sold gold stock as well as some 1970s -2000s $1 and 2/$1 books. A little bit for everyone!

we are prepping the boxes for the show, as we speak!

what is your booth # and what kinda selection are you bringing? (I have a good idea but other boards may not!)

Great question. I believe we are booths 109/208

We will have a great selection of golden age keys and in demand books. A wonderful selection of silver age keys (low to mid to high grade even)

We also bring 1/2 price current boxes , $2, 3/$10, 2/$10, 3/$25 and Individually priced bronze and silver and even sold gold stock as well as some 1970s -2000s $1 and 2/$1 books. A little bit for everyone!

Thanks for that info!

Anyone else setting up at this show? If so, let us know what you are bringing! I like to try to plan my days out and would rather swing by and spend money with you guys instead of a random shop.

Anyone know when Thursday setup is? (and maybe have an extra pass for later afternoon /early evening and in need of help? )

If you like GREAT bbq, there is the place called 4 Rivers that you have to try. I have other plans on Sat night, otherwise I would set something up.

4 rivers is unbelievabably good. :headbang:

Seating is usually a problem during peak times though so if you plan on going on a saturday night, it may be a madhouse.

Wish I could make it up there. :cry:

4 Rivers is the best BBQ on the planet. The location on Lee Road (closest to the convention center area) is a lot bigger than the original and has a lot of seating. However, there is always a line to get food... but it's worth the wait.

Seriously, I just moved out of the Orlando area a couple of months ago, and I plan on hitting 4R at least twice while I'm in town for the show.

What kind of books are folks getting Signature Series at the show?

Here's what I'll probably bring:

Before Watchmen: Dr Manhattan because Hughes is still listed. Maybe Silk Spectre and Minutemen too. Some UXM for Portacio and Claremont.

Lots of variants with the cover artist: Hastings UXM 1 with Francavilla, Hastings Avengers 1 with Greg Horn, Billy Tucci's great Justice League 15 variant, and probably a few more. A few Jim Cheung and Neal Adams books too.

Anybody know which creators usually charge for sigs? I know Neal Adams does.

I would also be up for a dinner. This is my first big convention after joining the boards and it would be great to meet some of you.

bffnut and I have traveled 24 hours for BBQ in days past, so believe you me, when he says it's GREAT bbq, he knows what he's talking about.

4 Rivers is insanely good. Do it.