• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon in Anaheim 2013: March 29-31, 2013

120 posts in this topic

How was the Wondercon convention hotel: Anaheim Hilton? Any other recommendations for hotels within hiking distance of the convention center? I imagine there is lots of competition, restaurants, pubs (shrug) within a 3 block radius. :wishluck:
I live ten minutes away from the Convention center,everyone come stay at my house. :whee:

I'm there. :) Oh I mean at WC.

I'll have cookies. :foryou:

How was the Wondercon convention hotel: Anaheim Hilton? Any other recommendations for hotels within hiking distance of the convention center? I imagine there is lots of competition, restaurants, pubs (shrug) within a 3 block radius. :wishluck:
I live ten minutes away from the Convention center,everyone come stay at my house. :whee:

Chocolate chip? :D

Chocolate chip? :D

Hell yeah!

We are on our way

tramps.jpg

I thought this was expected, since Moscone is booked in the spring 2013, although there was some talk about having a second Wondercon in SF in the fall of 2013. Hopefully Comic-con will have two Wondercon shows.

Dammit, Wonder Con belongs in SF. May have to switch to the Emerald City show again...

We are on our way

tramps.jpg

lol Classic.

Initial list of guests for Anaheim WC next year:

Early details on the event include ten special guests who have been confirmed for the March show: Dean Koontz (author, Odd Thomas series, Frankenstein series), Marjorie Liu (writer, Astonishing X-Men), Doug Mahnke (artist, Green Lantern), Ann Nocenti (writer, Green Arrow, Katana), Jason Palmer (artist/illustrator, Indiana Jones Blu-ray set, Serenity, Star Wars), Dan Slott (writer, Superior Spider-Man), Jeff Smith (cartoonist, Bone, RASL), Steranko (writer/artist, Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.), and WonderCon friends cartoonist Sergio Aragonés and writer Mark Evanier. (More guests are coming soon...check back for details!)

it seems as tho cci did try for fall dates in SF but the only weekend the Moscone ct gave cci was at the same time as a large 'city wide event' and there was concern abt hotels etc

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/index.php

it is also reported via a private email from the Moscone ct. " I am responding to your email regarding Wondercon…Let me open by saying we love Wondercon and want them in San Francisco just as much as their fans want them. Maybe even more. We do not have space or dates for them…we have tried every year to fit them in and we try hard. The downside is they have a specific date range and now they have grown so much they need event more space…So they are limited in what is available.

I just want you to know we are working with them the very best we can to accommodate them…"

purely a personal opinion here, I gotta think CCI for whatever reason needs to decide on a date later then other conventions. For example, the Medical convention can say today 'we'll hold our con in SF on April 20 2014.' I don't think cci can for whatever reason plan that far in advance.

Hey - looking for a pass for Friday only. Will assist with load in and set up, might even help with a booth for a while. 37 years selling comics, Overstreet Advisor, exceptionally honed cynicism and snark. Let me know if anybody has a spare. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Is there any CGC personnel taking submissions? I've got a couple of X-Men Comics I'm looking to have signed by Jim Lee. PM me! Thanks!

CGC only provides their services at the actual show - you can't mail them your books.

There are, however, independent facilitators who provide the service you're looking for - check out the SigSeries Event Announcements forum to see who's accepting submissions.