• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon in Anaheim 2013: March 29-31, 2013

120 posts in this topic

2 years I got the Girlfriend to finally attend a show with me. We went to Wonder Con since its in our backyard. She enjoyed it and said she'd give it another try..... they go Anaheim and she's back to complaining about Con's. :facepalm:

I thought this was expected, since Moscone is booked in the spring 2013, although there was some talk about having a second Wondercon in SF in the fall of 2013. Hopefully Comic-con will have two Wondercon shows.

Works for me. This year, my car broke down outside the convention center and I never made it into the hall. Really glad that it's not on St. Patty's weekend next year as it was this year. Made Sat and Sun impossible for me, as my wife sings in an Irish Band, and that's their big weekend.

The best show in the Bay Area is going to be The Big Wow Comic Fest, so look to that as the show that trumps Wonder Con.

Big Wow Comicfest 2013 - May 18-19, 2013

www.bigwowcomicfest.com/

COME BACK TO SF!!!!

+1

I agree with Rick... The Big Wow Comic Fest is definitely my favorite Northern California convention at the moment. While I had a great time at the Image Expo earlier this year, I've consistently picked up amazing things at the Big Wow show.

Each con has its' own strengths, though. WonderCon in SF will have the best programming of all the NorCal shows, I must admit, but since I never spend the time to go to panels anymore, I may just stick with Anaheim only and not come to SF for the Fall WonderCon. We'll see... I have a bad habit of attending shows that I swear I won't go to, as many people can attest to last weekend. :)

I've always really liked WonderCon and won't miss it at either location but I do hope that the show is a little more organized and the staff is a little more informed with this now being the 2nd year in Anaheim...

I am making a note to definitely not miss Big Wow in 2013. I'm still kicking myself for not getting to this years show, especially after all the great things I keep hearing about it. :)

How was the Wondercon convention hotel: Anaheim Hilton? Any other recommendations for hotels within hiking distance of the convention center? I imagine there is lots of competition, restaurants, pubs (shrug) within a 3 block radius. :wishluck:

any word on another Image Expo?

any word on another Image Expo?

Image expo was done to celebrate their 20th year anniversary. There are not plans to make it a yearly show as much as I wish it would happen.

You'd think someone would want to tap the one of the geekiest, most artistic, most male-dominated, affluent markets in the world which also has consistently good weather and great public transit and is VERY costume friendly. Oh well, guess I'll just overpay for another Mark Texeira sketch at Big Wow next year, since I'm going to be holding all this comic money in my pockets not spending at Wondercon.

How was the Wondercon convention hotel: Anaheim Hilton? Any other recommendations for hotels within hiking distance of the convention center? I imagine there is lots of competition, restaurants, pubs (shrug) within a 3 block radius. :wishluck:
I live ten minutes away from the Convention center,everyone come stay at my house. :whee:

As scott said Image Comic Expo was to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the company. I literally get email daily inquiring about another event that JayCompany throws in the Bay Area. We had a great time being there, with one of the best guest lists, and an enthusiastic base of comic book fans...

While I'm stoked for another great show in SoCal, my fingers are crossed for a double dip with a San Francisco event in the fall too!

I live ten minutes away from the Convention center,everyone come stay at my house. :whee:

I'm there. :) Oh I mean at WC.