• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon in Anaheim 2013: March 29-31, 2013

120 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a dealer/exhibitor badge if anyone has an extra one. Please PM me if you'd like to sell/trade for labor. (thumbs u

+1 for me. Same deal.

Just perused the programming. A few good movie panels on Saturday, but considering how close we are to the summer movie season(Iron Man 3 opens in a mere 6 weeks), not as many as I'd expect.

This is going to be an interesting show since it's during Passover / Easter / Good Friday, as well as Spring Break, plus I heard there's a 50% chance for rain this weekend too.

When I attended Wonder Con last year, the vintage book dealers were commenting about how when Wonder Con was in SF the attendees were economically stronger (consuming buyers more than lookie loos) than in So Cal, granted it was their 1st year having Wonder Con in Anaheim, but I think they were also basing that on experiences with Wizard World and the other show that have graced the LA area.

With all that considered, I'm anticipating Sunday as the best day to get deals, figuring the holiday, poor weather and coupled by the wildcard of if the show is bad for any retailers, that may be motivation to offer discounts as well.