• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads up for buying from uk dealers *updated*

41 posts in this topic

I have bought some stuff from iamnotwolverine, I would say grading is 50/50.

I think it depends whether he takes the comic out the bag or not. Some comics are quite nice. But I have had quite a few books colour touches, and overgraded by a lot.

herc

Having some mix up with -> whentitansclash web store but with a bit of luck that will work out !

Oh My gosh !!

What a great seller whentitansclash.co.uk is

I ordered what I thought were 2 pence conans from him got them realy well packaged and graded in the mail to find they were cent issues !!

We exchanged some emails came to the understanding that I screwed up and he refunded me !

This is crazy great on his part and I cant say enough good things about that stand up quality service .

If he ever gets something I am looking for I will buy from him again in a second !

http://www.whentitansclash.co.uk/index.html

:cloud9:

Updated for dec

Quicksilver comics web store

Shipped quick is fair at grading but they sent books with out backing boards ?

2 of the 4 books were over graded 1 was right on 1 was dirty but graded ok with a almost invisable corner damage

Must be the nasty weather in england that leads books to be dirty? Lot of the books I am geting are ?

I think Quicksilver is a ok web seller

==========

Funny thing is I think I am runing out of UK dealers to buy from !!!

Back to google !

lol

:)

Must be the nasty weather in england that leads books to be dirty? Lot of the books I am geting are ?

I'll just confirm this as fact. It does the same to our teeth and out tennis whites.

I'll just confirm this as fact. It does the same to our teeth and out tennis whites.

I don't think you play tennis.

I don't think you play tennis.

I don't, I just like to pretend I do.

Got my 5 books in today from 30th century comics uk

They have a realy nice web store !!!!!

The shipping was realy good and and the books came baged and boarded

Nasty tape on the back holding the flap on some of the books ! I redo them so It wasnt a problem for me

hm grading ?

Well all in all they were close to the mark exept for the NM book they miss a little corner problem CFP comics will not be able to fix so that was disapointing it looked great ( had my fingers crossed for a 9.6 )

Not sure any of theses books will go to CGC but I enjoyed the try !

Hope they get better stuff so I can Buy from them again !

Got my 5 books in today from 30th century comics uk

They have a realy nice web store !!!!!

The shipping was realy good and and the books came baged and boarded

Nasty tape on the back holding the flap on some of the books ! I redo them so It wasnt a problem for me

hm grading ?

Well all in all they were close to the mark exept for the NM book they miss a little corner problem CFP comics will not be able to fix so that was disapointing it looked great ( had my fingers crossed for a 9.6 )

Not sure any of theses books will go to CGC but I enjoyed the try !

Hope they get better stuff so I can Buy from them again !

I used to buy my moderns from them for over 12 years. Nice guys.

I'm glad I came across this thread as i've been thinking for a while whether to take plunge and buy from key comics, so thanks for saving me money and disappointment

I was also deliberately on whether to buy from iamnotwolverine, so this puts me at ease and i'll try buy from that seller.

Also like to add that Comicana is an excellent place to buy from, superb grading and packaging!

wholesalecomics are good on eBay, don't know if they ship internationally though. They always deliver high grade cheap product for those gap fillers, I subbed many a 9.8 from them.

It is so very hard to buy high quality pence books from the uk

I am finding 1 in 5 graded VF are actualy VF

It must be the weather screwing up the pages and the fact they sit in plastic bags for years in the bad weather or something

I also think many sellers dont take the books out of the bags to grade them

But all in all its fun getting the same books over and over from the UK !

But if you realy want bad sellers just go to the flee markets here in canada !!!!

It is so very hard to buy high quality pence books from the uk

I am finding 1 in 5 graded VF are actualy VF

It must be the weather screwing up the pages and the fact they sit in plastic bags for years in the bad weather or something

I also think many sellers dont take the books out of the bags to grade them

But all in all its fun getting the same books over and over from the UK !

But if you realy want bad sellers just go to the flee markets here in canada !!!!

There are plenty of sellers over here that don't know how to grade though to be fair, I think it's the same in every country.

The lack of high grade pence copies is down to the low print runs and the fact that UK comic readers weren't as interested in collecting and storing their comics as their American counterparts were.

Got some more books in

updated Jan 9 2013

barny1964comics = ebay uk store / very good shipping / well priced /wickedly good grading / sell me more Tony

illudus comics uk = e bids store / super shipping /good prices / fairly good grading / I would give them another try

-------------------

Tony at barny sent me the 3 best graded books from england I have ever got

2 will go to CGC

he undergrades by at least 1

illudus comics sent me 3 nice books well packaged they just were not going to get me a 8 or 9 so they go in the reader pile

===========

I am having a lot of good luck finding pence red sonja this year and its just a month in !

Having a good time here in canada !