• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

i just tried to ship my gift with amazon. going direct to the boardie cause their is no reason to send it twice. amazon is asking me for the recievers phone number incase there are problems. is this normal or could it be because im shipping from canada to the states?

It seems to be something they are asking for, a trick I learned a while ago...just put in your own number;)

i just tried to ship my gift with amazon. going direct to the boardie cause their is no reason to send it twice. amazon is asking me for the recievers phone number incase there are problems. is this normal or could it be because im shipping from canada to the states?

It seems to be something they are asking for, a trick I learned a while ago...just put in your own number;)

(thumbs u

That's what I do.

Quite common now. Delivery companies like to have the info in case there is something wrong with the delivery address or they have another reason to want to contact the recipient.

Got part 2 of my gift on ebay this weekend, and hit up the $1 bins last week for the first part... now to start making my custom CGC gift wrapping...

(had an "Oh crud" moment when my recipiant posted in the "this week in my collection" thread, but luckilly s/he didnt buy what I am sending them... *whew*)

I've been working with an artist on part of the gift I'm giving. I planned on something small, but totally cool, and was getting really excited. However, I'm just now learning that the artist is overseas, and the shipping will cost as much as what I paid him for the piece. And this was supposed to be just an add-on to the real gift. :facepalm: Sigh.

Gift has been mailed.

I totally forgot to put a card inside.

doh!

I have personally banned X-mas cards. I mean, when you give a gift with a tag, does it really need a card? All other holidays, sure - I can see that, but man - I really hope the social convention shifts from giving X-mas cards.

Besides - I did some custom packaging on mine, so I'm hoping my exchangee thinks it's way cooler than a card anyways.