• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2012 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up

799 posts in this topic

So I just received a box from Amazon but I haven't ordered anything from Amazon. Not sure I should open it or not. ???

My secret person received his, so I'm no longer requiring everyone to not open Amazon boxes;)

(and I had Amazon gift wrap it, too, lol;)

So, I recieved a package from Amazon today. I opened it up, and there were 223 stripper clips in there. hm Is this from my secret santa? I didn't order any stripper clips.

Were they monogrammed with the name "Bubbles?"

I may have mixed up a few addresses. :eek:

Sent my gifts out today. I forgot how quickly international shipping gets pricey. I had to spend almost as much on shipping as I did on the items. But at least I know they'll like the items.

I hear you, I shipped to Canada and got price shock on shipping (they said they eliminated ground shipping to Canada which is why it got so expensive) but I really wanted to wrap this myself, so I didn't go the third party shipping route. BTW, my wife did a great job on the giftwrap. It's scary what she could do with a comic book! :o

secretsanta2012.jpg

Do people generally let recipients know who the gift is from on the outside of the box? As in: To Darks Farkswald, From Dr. Balls?

My board ID is my real name, so I can't really hide it once they receive the package because of the return address. Especially this year since I had to fill out a customs form. (shrug)

I hear you, I shipped to Canada and got price shock on shipping (they said they eliminated ground shipping to Canada which is why it got so expensive)

I didn't know that. I did notice that the Postal worker marked "air mail" on the customs form, though.