• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM 83

19 posts in this topic

Nice... but....

I see about 20 transverse stress marks on the spine.

They are all small but are that many allowed in 8.0?

If those scans were put up in the grading forum I bet 7.5 would be the highest opinion and 6.0 the lowest, am I wrong?

Nice... but....

If those scans were put up in the grading forum I bet 7.5 would be the highest opinion and 6.0 the lowest, am I wrong?

I agree not a very nice looking VF. I would tend to lean towards F/VF or VF- at most.

Eric

I agree not a very nice looking VF. I would tend to lean towards F/VF or VF- at most.

But CGC has spoken. 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

Oh yeah good point I'll keep my mouth shut then 27_laughing.gif. But seriously though what was Steve doing when he graded that?

Eric

But seriously though what was Steve doing when he graded that?

I must say the book does look a little over-graded. That is a huge scan though, and any defects may have been amplified. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you guys think that is overgraded, check this one out. CGC seems to be very lenient on this book (probably because of the black on the spine). I can honestly say, I haven't seen a NM- (9.2) with that many (and clear) spine stress lines.

ASM #13

If you guys think that is overgraded, check this one out. CGC seems to be very lenient on this book (probably because of the black on the spine). I can honestly say, I haven't seen a NM- (9.2) with that many (and clear) spine stress lines.

ASM #13

Took awhile for the mega-scan to load.... gossip.gif

Well, the bottom 1/3 of the spine is OK. smirk.gif

9.0 would have been generous too. tonofbricks.gif

Nice... but....

I agree, looks a little choppy for an 8.0. Lots of stress marks, ugly corner crease, bad edge.

ASM #13

Holy cow, now THAT is an overgraded book. All that spine stress, plus abraded spine corners, PLUS an almost half-inch color-breaking crease in the LRC? Caaaaa'mon! 893naughty-thumb.gif I don't think I'd give it an 8.5!!!

An while I love CGC, that book will most likely sell for more than a 9.0, because the label says so. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course, I do have to give KUDOS to Heritage, because of the big scans. If you do win a book from, at least you can say you "BOUGHT THE BOOK, NOT THE LABEL".

Not uber grade...But a damn nice looking copy.

Link

I wonder if some of the apparently overgraded books get a .5 - 1.0 bump because they are particularly glossy or crisp... characteristics we can't see through a slab.

confused-smiley-013.gif

ASM #13

If CGC is giving this ASM #13 a 9.2 with all those colour-breaking stress line, I wonder what my Cerebus #1 would go for. Since the Cerebus #1 QP is well-known for having stress lines, does CGC take this defect into account to a lesser degree than normal.

Just wondering since my Cerebus has tiny non-colour breaking stress lines (approx 7) and certainly looks a lot better than this ASM #13. cloud9.gif