• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free program to catalogue my comics?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, searched for the subject, but that search thing is pretty bad. Anyways... wondering if there is any decent programs out there that I can catalogue my comic books with... prefer to NOT store list online, just want to store list on my computer. Has to be free, as I am not paying for this and will use spread sheets need be... Did some research and found a few, but wondering what you guys use... thanks!

Ps, this may take a few years to list all my comics, and my hand written ones are from the golden ages so to speak lol.

Years ago there was a download for Microsoft Access that a lot of people were using. I've never tried it. If I was adventurous, I'd go look for a newer version of that.

I bought a CD of some software that someone local wrote. It was a nice program, not too expensive and did the job ok.

I have so many rare and obscure comics, that it's frustrating when I can't select them to list. I always give up on using software or even online resources to enter my collection.

The easiest online service I found was:

http://comicbookrealm.com/

Unfortunately, I can't list the rare stuff and any of the online services are too understaffed to update their database in a timely manner. I also don't want scans of someone else's comics. I'd rather see nothing than see a generic scan of someone else's comic. With the program I bought (and quit using), I deleted all of the comic scans that came with it.

DG

I used stashmycomics.com. Decent site. Free, exportable to CSV and the database is improved by submission from the members, so there's a growing quality to it (as well as a grain of salt). But no software to buy/update.

Just don't buy two collections, get behind and give up. (thumbs u

I used stashmycomics.com. Decent site. Free, exportable to CSV and the database is improved by submission from the members, so there's a growing quality to it (as well as a grain of salt). But no software to buy/update.

Just don't buy two collections, get behind and give up. (thumbs u

This seems a decent but I did give adding all my collection.

I use Comic Collector from Collectorz.com. I don't think it was free, but it's pretty cheap. You can upload your collection to their server, and send it to iOS and Android devices. It's super handy at conventions.

It does have some strange gaps in the data, especially with GA titles, and I have yet to figure out how to update their database with my data for missing issues. :shrug: