• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNE eBay auction

12 posts in this topic

Hulk Lot

Look closely at the bottom staple of the Hulk 122.

Is it detached? confused.gif

If so the buyer is going to be 893censored-thumb.gif.

This lot was going for $40-$50 this morning. gossip.gif

And why the heck do they use gif files!?

I changed the pic to jpg on my desktop and the file size was reduced by more than half.

The load times would be so much faster! foreheadslap.gif

543636-Copy%20of%20ih122.jpg

It's hard to tell... 893frustrated.gif

589a8cc06466c_543636-Copyofih122.jpg.6efd07b428060982abfeaafcaa01a781.jpg

Hulk Lot

Look closely at the bottom staple of the Hulk 122.

Is it detached? confused.gif

If so the buyer is going to be 893censored-thumb.gif.

This lot was going for $40-$50 this morning. gossip.gif

And why the heck do they use gif files!?

I changed the pic to jpg on my desktop and the file size was reduced by more than half.

The load times would be so much faster! foreheadslap.gif

543636-Copy%20of%20ih122.jpg

It's hard to tell... 893frustrated.gif

Very good eye.... foreheadslap.gif

eagle eye indeed. I would've never seen that!

Showcase will make more mistakes because of the quantity of books they are pushing through. From my personal experience I won a bid on a Chamber of Chills and got a Chamber of Darkness (which worked in my favor actually) and some lots I've won were over 2 points overgraded. confused-smiley-013.gif

Of course, based on limited information, I would adjust your bid accordingly.

And on graphic files--I've painstakingly gone through which file formats would work better. I even use a compression program to shave another 25% off for faster loading times. SNE images are basically "rough ideas" of what you might get. I agree GIF files are not appropriate for book scans from a compression perspective.

I am continually amazed on the lots they offer. I sometimes wonder how much of a markup they make on these books.

I don't think it's detached at the bottom staple. It looks to me like the staple is still there it justs bows out a bit from the spine confused-smiley-013.gif

I was thinking that too.

If it is slightly bent in a ( shape that could cause the effect as well.

I just wish they used better scans.

you mran Showcase has found a new multi-repeat all-in customer like JGreen??? HOW DOES HE DO IT?

I remember it now as clear as it was yesterday--I wanted to pick up some Marvel runs---and--WHAT IS THIS!?! JGreen scarfing up EVERYTHING. That was a day I won't forget soon.