• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comicbook Convention 2013

75 posts in this topic

Hey all you CalComicCon attendees, looking for bargains?

Check out the E-bay auctions that are being used to Promote the CalComicCon most are going for less than the slabbing fees and with free shipping on top of that.

CalComicCon 2013 loss leaders:

Try this link, folks, I've just bid on some great comics myself!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/terryscomics

Thanks Terry for a cool show,and it was great seeing old friends,and meeting new boardies.I met El Toro Rojo at the show,and he brought in that Daredevil #1 I so lovingly called a 4.5/5.0.Well let me tell you it's every bit a 6.0 in hand,beauty!

Always fun to meet board members. :applause:

Bunky Bros sold me a JLA #1 pretty cool place holder until I get a higher grade. (thumbs u

Great show. Nice to have Harley back, and to have Bunky exhibiting. Saw lots of friends, picked up a cool book for my website, and some of those cool cover repros that Harley was selling.

Best show yet, Terry! (thumbs u

Thanks Terry for a cool show,and it was great seeing old friends,and meeting new boardies.I met El Toro Rojo at the show,and he brought in that Daredevil #1 I so lovingly called a 4.5/5.0.Well let me tell you it's every bit a 6.0 in hand,beauty!

Bunky Bros sold me a JLA #1 pretty cool place holder until I get a higher grade. (thumbs u

Could only attend for a couple of hours and had to get going at noon...but it was cool as always to see my buddy Dave...and THX to Terry for the arrangement we had made for me to pick up a nice JIM 102 9.0 White pager! :cloud9::headbang:

Also met John/El Toro Rojo and Stevenrams for the first time...and they had some cool books to show off...mostly Gold...and yes, indeed that DD #1 is every bit of a stellar FN in hand! Both very nice guys!

Ran into Jeff/nearmint at Harley's booth and had a nice chat...also always fun to shoot it around with Harley...he had a nice Action 242 raw in FN-ish :o He thinks it'll get 6.5 on a CGC sub...I was leaning toward FN...nice copy regardless...showed Harley a few of my HG beauties...a few people asked me if they were for sale and of course the answer was a polite no... :insane:

Also it was very nice meeting and talking with Art/Silverseeker for the first time at Harley's booth...really nice guy...

Great old-school Con...all about the books...I didn't look at much else as I pretty much came just for the JIM pickup...THX again Terry for putting this together...hope you're able to have this show for many years to come! :headbang:

JIM_102_zpsa24ca06b.jpg

you sure it is a 6.0? ;) because everyone in that PGM thread was absolute 100% guarantee no way can be certain that it is not a 6.0

you sure it is a 6.0? ;) because everyone in that PGM thread was absolute 100% guarantee no way can be certain that it is not a 6.0

All I'm saying is the book looked much better in hand than it did in the scan.

All I'm saying is the book looked much better in hand than it did in the scan.

It's a 5.5 on a bad day and especially if there is something hidden inside or on the back cover...we didn't see the back cover...on a good day it's a 6.5...loads of eye appeal...so that makes it a 6.0... (thumbs u

Finally back - got caught in a downpour on the way back....ah, L.A. drivers...

Fantastic to meet everyone at last and to see Crimson Dynamo again after meeting last year. Hope to see you all again at WonderCon!

Subbed the DD #1 so I will keep everyone posted...!

Great show, I was a looky loo today but there was a really great variety of fantastic books available. This show is more fun than San Diego! No crowds, no hassles, just old time comics and people who love them.

Way to go Terry; another great show!

I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Fantastic show. The best one-day show here in So-Cal. Saw some old friends and met new ones. Bought a few books of which Walt Disney's Peter Pan Treasue Chest was my favorite (Posted it in the Golden Age Thread). Lots of good books to choose from and a show devoted almost entirely of comics.

Terry does a masterful job. See ya' all next year!

SLR

Joel Elad had one hell of a cool SS sketch CGC 9.8 from Bernie Wrightson that was outstandingly awesome.I just didn't have the moola to buy it. :pullhair:

Thanks... Gotta give credit to Chandler of Desert Wind for getting that sketch for me. I was very happy NOT to sell that sketch, but instead I used it to stop traffic, which it did. :) Great seeing you at the show, thanks for stopping by!

Thank you Terry for another great show! I did better this year than last year and had a great time, even if I never had time to shop. :) It was fun seeing all the boardies and meeting new faces. Probably the only thing better than selling some books and hanging out with boardies/dealers was getting to spend time with Barry Kitson before and after the show.

I can't believe my best selling title at this show was Walking Dead. :) Although now I wish I saw this legendary Daredevil #1...