• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld Announces His Retirement From Comics

96 posts in this topic

Rob Liefeld announces his retirement from comics.

Liefeld recently stormed out of DC in a barrage of tweets, but it was still expected that he would continue to work in comics, whether on Infinite with Robert Kirkman, the Extreme line for Image, or on projects such as his Scriptural Zombie comic or even getting rounf to finishing Youngblood Bloodsport.

But it appears it is not to be. Rob Liefeld is 45.

The world will never be the same.

cap.jpeg

Thoughts? Pictures? :)

While I know his artistic ability has been the butt of jokes for many years, it's unfortunate that his retirement came as a result of what appears to be a falling out with DC. No one deserves to retire from service bitter and angry. 2c

sad to see him go, even if his pictures were not that great, sucks that he quit so early

I agree. Regardless of whether people think he sucks or not (you can compare to him to Hanna Barbara artists of you want) he had a lot of followers, made an impact in the hobby and endeared a lot of readers.

Or it could be analogous to a pop star who announces their retirement and then starts touring again a few years later, and then repeats the tearful finale over and over again. I wouldn't take it seriously. Mind you, in this case I don't actually care enough to do that. (shrug)

Or it could be analogous to a pop star who announces their retirement and then starts touring again a few years later, and then repeats the tearful finale over and over again. I wouldn't take it seriously. Mind you, in this case I don't actually care enough to do that. (shrug)

+1, my thoughts exactly.

+1, my thoughts exactly.

Yeah, I'd really be surprised if he quit for good. Love him or hate him, he's one of the most recognizable names in the industry, and he can capitalize on that. He's only 45. What will he do now?

It is our duty to ensure Rob is never forgotten, and that future generations have the opportunity to enjoy his distorted view on human anatomy.

Thanks for everything bud.

liefeldgirl.jpg