• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket users beware!

36 posts in this topic

I am raging pissed right now! :frustrated::pullhair::frustrated::pullhair:

Photobucket users beware.....

I was wondering why my scan of ghostrider looked so f()cked up?

the image on the web after I uploaded it to my account at photobucket compared to my original...

Screenshot2012-10-24at43916PM.png

Might not seem like much but for those that are using scans to sell material or others that want the highest quality images for thier website or forum posts....

After repeated uploads I started wonderin... and did a little research...

The image that explains it all.... read the 6th post...

Screenshot2012-10-24at45502PM.png

The link..... those f()ckers are doing it to pro accounts too..... slimy bastards...

http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/845041-photobucket-dramatically-changing-quality-photos.html

Time to find a new host.... my images are always under a meg.... what makes it worse is without a pro account all of your images that are already stored on the site like my whole website are compressed and F()CKED! never to return! :frustrated:

And before someone says this isn't comic related... my whole comic related website is without the a proper host to display my "comic related" images compression free!

:frustrated:

But photobucket has always compressed images. I used to say this on these boards over and over, and people either didn't understand or didn't care.

And it's free. I've never looked into a pro account, but I can't complain since I've never paid a cent whenever I've used it to share images.

But photobucket has always compressed images. I used to say this on these boards over and over, and people either didn't understand or didn't care.

And it's free. I've never looked into a pro account, but I can't complain since I've never paid a cent whenever I've used it to share images.

Thats just it... a free account could disable this feature when uploading as long as your images were under a meg.... Photobuckets comnpression sux... Save to web in photoshop is million times better.... trust me on this....

And I do have a pro account BTW..... hm But I pay monthly as I need bandwith...

Just testing my sig.

if you read the associated link... you will see that a guys .gif was halfed in size without his permission.... so its a concern. Anyone who is using a .gif I made for them is at risk if they are using my host..... :P

Just testing my sig.

if you read the associated link... you will see that a guys .gif was halfed in size without his permission.... so its a concern. Anyone who is using a .gif I made for them is at risk if they are using my host..... :P

hm Is the gif insured? :kidaround:

:sorry:

If you have photoshop you should be saving your images properly.

First you should be resizing them to a maximum of 800 pixels wide and then saving them under "Save for web and devices"

This eliminates color changes, compression, and size problems.

For my photographs, which I'm very picky about, I have to do this before I post them to Photobucket, Flickr, or my Model Mayhem account.

When I get my sales website up and running you can be sure all of my images will also be saved in this manner.

First you should be resizing them to a maximum of 800 pixels wide and then saving them under "Save for web and devices"

For my photographs, which I'm very picky about, I have to do this before I post them to Photobucket, Flickr, or my Model Mayhem account.

When I get my sales website up and running you can be sure all of my images will also be saved in this manner.

I feel like nobody is listening to me... :frustrated:

I am a designer, I know how to save images properly for the web. Photobucket doesn't care what file size the image is... Wether its within their stated specs or not! They are randomly going into both free and pro accounts and compressing your files into oblivion! Dr. Balls? A professional photog? Anybody? Please explain why this is completely jacked up!

I read the thread title and assumed my boudoir shots had made their way into the public domain again. :blush:

Stop mass PMing the Boards with them and they would fail to reach the "public domain".

Again.

Shudder.

I feel like nobody is listening to me... :frustrated:

I am a designer, I know how to save images properly for the web. Photobucket doesn't care what file size the image is... Wether its within their stated specs or not! They are randomly going into both free and pro accounts and compressing your files into oblivion! Dr. Balls? A professional photog? Anybody? Please explain why this is completely jacked up!

You need a drink.

I read the thread title and assumed my boudoir shots had made their way into the public domain again. :blush:

:lol:

I thought the same thing, well not about your brown star triptych, but rather personal pictures being available.

yeah, i'm confused. those emails are from 2009.

any designer should be optimising images for web display anyway. monitor resolution is only 72dpi, so anything above that is a waste

I just upload to my own site.. I will teach anyone how if they want to know.. but image quality does not change then..

I have to pay about $9 a month for hosting and $10 a year to renew the domain name..but I feel its worth it..

Once you have it..you just FTP the images up to your site.. and learn some basic HTML and yer set