• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandy - Stay safe!

11 posts in this topic

Today is chaos for me.

We had a go-live over the weekend, and today everyone's using the system for the 1st time....

Baby has figured out screeching helps get her attention....

It's a MADHOUSE!!!

But at least the rain has stopped for the moment....

the wind has been howling here all day. Branches are dropping everywhereThe power was going in and out most of the evening and now it is totally out, we are now on generator power. At least were dry and warm, and the cable and internet are still up. Take care and stay safe everybody.

So, I made it through the storm w/o incident, but lots of nasty stories out here.

The seaside heights boardwalk is gone, one of my co-workers' houses washed away. tons of down trees and debris everywhere.

And apparently 2/3 of NJ still doesn't have power.

Did everyone make it through ok?

I've been without power, hot water, cell phone reception and Internet since Monday night. At a friend's apt. uptown recharging electronics and getting online now. Hearing that power might be restored on Saturday. :wishluck:

Traded one of my Elvgrens yesterday for a 12-pack of AA batteries, 9 liters of bottled water, a six-pack of Top Ramen and 8 cans of Chunky soup.*

* this part not actually true