• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- November 22-24, 2013

212 posts in this topic

There is a rumor circulating that Stan may have cancelled his appearance at this show. Anyone have confirmation?

I hope this isn't true, my wife bought me one of the damn Platinum VIP Tickets just so I wouldn't have to wait all day in line to get his Sig on a few things. But honestly I know he has already canceled a few things this year as well as a few around this time last year... Hope the man is still doing well.

You'd be refunded for HIS ticket if he cancelled, but not the show admission. He'll sign whatever you want to buy signing tickets for.

He is still listed on the show site for Saturday only, so we'll see what happens. I hope he comes, he's good for show attendance and that's good for dealers.

Groupon for 50% off on Friday hit today. I'm going to hold out for Sat or Sun.

I picked one up.

Gonna take a day off and hi it up before its too crazy.

Friday is definitely a good day to go, but Saturday isn't super crowded like some shows get. At least the last two years it hasn't been.

I'd have to say that for the past three years the hardest thing to do was gain sig's from Capullo for me. He wasn't there last year but the year before they put him in the most inconvenient place out there where we had to block multiple isles. Last years though seemed a little inconvenient due to the location of artist alley and where CGC was. They were next to Neal Adams but all of the other artists were a good walk away leaving CGC a good amount of foot travel from one destination to another. That's the only thing I wished they would address this year but seeing as DWC will be there for Stan I think it will get worse before better.

If the layout is like last year the Celeb's are way up front and Stan will most likely be posted right beside them. This then means that where ever Stan's table will be DWC will be right there as well. No issues with them and they are usually just as friendly and easy to work with but it also keeps the other artists a good distance away which sucks when waiting around for a witness and trying to gain multiple sig's in shorter amounts of time.

I picked one up.

Friday is definitely a good day to go, but Saturday isn't super crowded like some shows get. At least the last two years it hasn't been.

Pretty much the only reason I am going is to see Mark Bagley, and take a look at some dealer booths.

I'll be making a bee line for Bagley's booth as soon as I get in to make sure I can get a sketch if he's sketching.

I picked one up.

Pretty much the only reason I am going is to see Mark Bagley, and take a look at some dealer booths.

I'll be making a bee line for Bagley's booth as soon as I get in to make sure I can get a sketch if he's sketching.

Hopefully he'll be sketching, but he'll be pricey too so be prepared.

As for the layout of the floor, hopefully they'll improve things. I did plenty of SS last year and didn't have a particular issue with where the CGC booth was, but I agree that they could have been positioned a little closer to most of the artists. Of course if you were using CGC for celebrity autographs the walk was even worse.

Just booked my room! :applause:

This year it will be a more crowded since Stan Lee, Norman Reedus, John Cena and Bruce Camobell ar going and 2 of them as SAT-Only.

Reedus does every year, I think Cena has been before, and I'm still hearing rumors that Lee has/will cancel (I hope he doesn't). Campbell does always draw a good crowd and is very cool to his fans.

So yeah, Saturday will probably be more crowded than usual, but for this show that still won't be awful compared to most Wizard Saturdays.

I picked one up.

Do you have an idea of how much? I messaged him on facebook, but that seems to be inactive.

I picked one up.

Do you have an idea of how much? I messaged him on facebook, but that seems to be inactive.

I don't, but if I had to guess I would say at least $200-250 for a full size sketch or sketch cover. That's what I would mentally budget for, anyway. I would love to get a little head sketch from him, but it depends on what he would charge for it.

This year it will be a more crowded since Stan Lee, Norman Reedus, John Cena and Bruce Camobell ar going and 2 of them as SAT-Only.

Reedus does every year, I think Cena has been before, and I'm still hearing rumors that Lee has/will cancel (I hope he doesn't). Campbell does always draw a good crowd and is very cool to his fans.

So yeah, Saturday will probably be more crowded than usual, but for this show that still won't be awful compared to most Wizard Saturdays.

I really hope he doesn't as I would have rather purchased the Neal Adams VIP instead and made off with the sketch he is doing as a part of it. Wizard World would probably end up screwing me and giving me like $50 bucks back or some BS saying thats what his ticket cost knowing full well that ticket was $200 more than anything else there.... And yeah I think Cena was their last year. Don't really ever go for the Celebs though so I could be mistaken as I wouldn't have paid attention anyways.

As for Bagley Sketches you may want to check with dscott over in the Signature Series forum. He usually does a huge amount of commissions for everyone else so wouldn't be surprised if he could help you out.

As for me, already have my pre-commissions for Sam De La Rosa, Chadwick Haverland, Tyler Kirkham, and trying for a Stuart Sayger right now as I type.