• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- November 22-24, 2013

212 posts in this topic

CM Punk went last year, this is Cena's 3rd Wizard appearance ever, and so far he is the only one to ever sell out everything (VIPs, Photo Ops, Autographs).

Norman Reedus is like the 5th beatle right now, he os extremely popular and gets loger lines than many guests there.

If anyone is looking for a hotel that is reasonable (for Austin standards) and close to the convention center, the Hilton Garden Inn is only about 3-4 blocks from the Con. We've stayed there a couple of times for this show and it works out well. Just be aware of the $28 per day mandatory valet fee if you drive down (this is at all the downtown hotels, not just this one).

Hilton Garden Inn Austin

Wizard must be having trouble with 3 day passes. They released an offer today through amazon local for Sunday tix at $57 that includes the WD variant they offer on their site with 3 day and a print by Suydam, Horn, or Golden.

After staring at $85 for 3 days on their site I opted got the $22 Friday only ticket. Gonna take a half day at work and just do Friday.

Did we ever decide what day and where for the boardie dinner / get together?

I thought there would be at least something both nights. I'm up for hanging out both, and since many who responded are only coming one day that'd work. I'd like to meet some new people and put faces to board names.

lol We'll see what we can do. 6th Street makes sense because it is so close, we'd basically have to try to avoid it. There have to be some reasonable spots, or a hotel bar we can find a few adult beverages to consume.

Their are quite a few places for both drinks and BBQ in the general area. Favorite place for cheaper beers is a place called the Black Star co-op. In any case, looking forward to meeting others and putting a face with the names.