• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A BAKER's DOZEN PRETTY MYSTERY IN SPACE

35 posts in this topic

these are the best of my best copies of one of my personal favorite DC books in the early 60's, Mystery in Space.

i didn't break them out of their mylars and the resolution isn't as high as usual, but i think you'll still be able to appreciate both the artwork and the condition.

and, yes, these were all purchased by me at Sid's Lucheonette in Orange, NJ, circa 1962-1964.

my personal favorites are #'s 86 and 90.

# 75 has been CGC'd and is a 9.2 with OW/W pgs and contains the JLA X-over that was the sequel to JLA #3............. cloud9.gif

1090372390774_myestery_in_space.jpg

1089882309333_myestery_in_space_001.jpg

1090081981876_myestery_in_space_002.jpg

1089374170535_myestery_in_space_003.jpg

1091967862135_myestery_in_space_004.jpg

1091447871284_myestery_in_space_005.jpg

1088356343156_myestery_in_space_006.jpg

1089980419097_myestery_in_space_007.jpg

1090124140351_myestery_in_space_008.jpg

1089698638205_myestery_in_space_009.jpg

1091271599136_myestery_in_space_010.jpg

1090531925095_myestery_in_space_011.jpg

1092062760538_myestery_in_space_012.jpg

This is not a title I am that familiar with, but those are just stunning books and it's great to see them. 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Does Sid's Luncheonette still exist ? And more to the point, where did Sid store all the unsold copies from the spinner rack ? gossip.gif

This is not a title I am that familiar with, but those are just stunning books and it's great to see them. 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Does Sid's Luncheonette still exist ? And more to the point, where did Sid store all the unsold copies from the spinner rack ? gossip.gif

it's pretty amazing to me how many folks aren't familiar with some of the secondary titles of the DC universe in the SA.

Sid has probably left this world by now - when i was working for him selling his papers outside the store on Sunday mornings he had solid grey/white hair. he would probably be about 90+ now. i'm not sure what kind of store is there now - good question. next time i stop down in Orange for our quarterly visit to the Star Tavern for the world's best thin-crust-pizza, i will check it out....... grin.gif

and isn't that cover with the two planets about to collide, awesome????? cloud9.gif

Incredible books!!! I can't wait to see your Wonder Womans or Lois Lanes (if you have them). Or Adventure and Action. Oh, man your books are the coolest! I never tire of seeing those sweet, sweet DCs.

Incredible books!!! I can't wait to see your Wonder Womans or Lois Lanes (if you have them). Or Adventure and Action. Oh, man your books are the coolest! I never tire of seeing those sweet, sweet DCs.

i've got about 10 or so High Grade WW's. stopped collecting LL early on (i remember buying #1 when it came out) and have maybe one mid grade copy left. i have a few very old Actions, but about 10-12 decent Adventures.

i'll post the WW's sometime next week - glad you like these - they were some of my favorites. it may just be me, but i think the whole Adam Strange story would make a great movie. (kind of an Indiana Jones meets Flash Gordon........) grin.gif

Beautiful books, BB! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

MIS is such an underrated title, considering its very cool covers and great sci-fi stories. I take it 75 is the only issue you've submitted so far? Do you think any of the other issues might get a 9.4? cloud9.gif

Beautiful books, BB! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

MIS is such an underrated title, considering its very cool covers and great sci-fi stories. I take it 75 is the only issue you've submitted so far? Do you think any of the other issues might get a 9.4? cloud9.gif

i think #'s 86 and 91 have the best chance. i suspect that all of the others have a chance at 9.0 or better. except that one hawkman cover with (what i'm hoping) is a big production crease............

it's funny how different they appear when blown up in a big scan. they all look pretty gorgeous in hand......... cloud9.gif

Very cool. I wasn't familiar with this title either, but those covers are great. Maybe I should start paying more attention to 2nd rate DC titles. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is the interior art as nice?

Very cool. I wasn't familiar with this title either, but those covers are great. Maybe I should start paying more attention to 2nd rate DC titles. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is the interior art as nice?

foreheadslap.gif Marvel Zombie!! insane.gif Seriously, do yourself a favor and check out some of the early covers on this title... they rule! As nice as these later ones are, the early ones are even better cloud9.gif