• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics for Halloween

15 posts in this topic

Passing out comics again this year. I raided the discount bins at my LCS last year and the kids loved it. Last week kids in the neighborhood began asking, "You passing out comics again?"

I wasn't sure how it would go over, but with all the movies these days, kids went crazy for 'em. Plus, anything to break up the monotony of going door-to-door, getting the same candy, is probably a welcome respite.

I stock up on the more well-known characters, plus some Spidey Super Stories, Casper, etc for the little kids. Everything age appropriate.

Happy Halloween y'all!

P.S. Also, for the older teens who sometimes go trick-or-treating sans costume, we have a giant bucket of veggies. "No costume? Here, have an egg-plant you lazy mess."

Always a big hit with us. This will be our 3rd year doing it.

Archies go fastest, all the comics go quickly and kids often come back for seconds. Parents like it too since they are more useful than candy.

my fifth or sixth year. i'm trotting out the spinner rack this year. i've already handed out 120 comics for Halloween to the third graders at the school where i volunteer. hopefully, i can hand out another 100 tomorrow night. my selection is, modesty aside, fantastic- from oldest to youngest: Simpsons, All Star Superman, Usagi, Archie,Mary Jane, Bone, Young Justice, Batman Adventures, Marvel Adventures, Franklin Richards, Power Pack, Walt Disney Comics & Stories, Tiny Titans.

Archies go fastest, all the comics go quickly and kids often come back for seconds. Parents like it too since they are more useful than candy.

What does BaltimoreLauren go to your house?

Verotiks go fastest around here. And the little buggers never come back, either. :sumo:

Verotiks go fastest around here. And the little buggers never come back, either. :sumo:

OK. That is really wrong. But it made me laugh....

Is halloween a public holiday in the U.S.?

Well, the banks don't close and the mail is still delivered. The kids don't get the day off..... so technically ....NO

Is halloween a public holiday in the U.S.?

Hi James

No - not an official holiday. Banks are open, schools are in session, goverment employees work that day, etc..

However, it is a widely observed holiday. Children dress up in costumes and go door to door for candy just about everywhere in the country. Teens and adults attend costume parties. Many conservative Churches have "fall festival" or "October fest" type activities the same day as Halloween for those that don't want their children participating in activities they see as "pagan".

So very, very widespread. Near universal in this country. I'll probably have 300+ trick of treaters knock on the door.

I'm a High School teacher and I am handing out comics to any of my students dressed up for Halloween. The list includes some Siege, Shield, X-Men, Superman from the new 52 and some classic GI Joe's.

It's been pretty fun and most kids seem to like the idea!