• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time con goer w/ few questions

12 posts in this topic

going to SD this year. First convention i'm going to, have a few questions

1. what's the recommended amount of cash one should bring?

2. any safe way to carry books in my bag? LCS no have top loaders ;_;

3. how does that Signature Series work? I know that CGC has to witness the signing(s), but surely they cant be at every artist/writer at once....or can they 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

4. Anythings i should avoid, aside form the pizza?

There's a bag check at the end of the hall to store stuff if your hotel isn't nearby. Con Buses run into the city regularly.

Be prepared to walk a lot.

Find out where Ralph's is and buy your food and drink there.

Try not to eat at the BBQ place that says it was the bar in the Top Gun movie. insane.gif

's Last Resort (bar/burgers outdoor) is always good for a laugh for lunch.

going to SD this year. First convention i'm going to, have a few questions

As much cash as you are comfortable holding/spending...credit cards...or debit cards..I'm sure there will be an ATM near by. Good Luck...HAVE FUN!! acclaim.gif ...and don't forget to bring a camera. Wish I was going frown.gif

It depends on what your collecting preference is. If you plan on bargain bin hunting I would say $100-200. If you are looking for Hg keys you might want to take more.

2. any safe way to carry books in my bag? LCS no have top loaders ;_;

I would suggest buying a small comic box and keep your purchases in there.

3. how does that Signature Series work? I know that CGC has to witness the signing(s), but surely they cant be at every artist/writer at once....or can they 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stop by the CGC booth and ask Steve or one of the other reps how you can get them to verify a signature for you. They will be more than helpful.

Mile High Comics (unless you want a good laugh)

Mile High Comics (unless you want a good laugh)

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Why are you guys so mean to Mr. Rosanski. I have pottery class with him every Wensday night where we create Native American Style pieces. He's a very nice man, and has invited me out to the farm on several occasions.

As much as you want to spend. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's impossible to answer this question for anybody else. When I was younger I thought I was rolling in it when I brought $100 to a con. This year I am bringing about $2,000 to last me all 4 1/2 days. I'm sure some people may bring up to $100,000 or more, but probably very few. Whatever fits your budget that you can and want to spend on comics. confused-smiley-013.gif -----Sid

As much as you want to spend. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's impossible to answer this question for anybody else. When I was younger I thought I was rolling in it when I brought $100 to a con. This year I am bringing about $2,000 to last me all 4 1/2 days. I'm sure some people may bring up to $100,000 or more, but probably very few. Whatever fits your budget that you can and want to spend on comics. confused-smiley-013.gif -----Sid

You shouldn't draw attention to Greggy like that Sid. There are plenty of unsavory people in SD who love to know that Greggy keeps that much money hidden in the waistband of his shorts. Let's just keep this on the downlow.

Let's be careful out there people. thumbsup2.gif