• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

Larry is never right. If the world was fair he'd be gone.

Hilarious.

My business absolutely thriving right now must be killing you..

I love it.

lol

Your success does not affect me.

Then WHY always chime in?

You're like a jilted lover, a bunny boiler..

If my name pops up. You pop up.

I think you just want to have my babies..

Wow ! I'm working too much and missing all of this excitement. :ohnoez:

I've ordered from Larry many times and I've been extremely pleased each time. I don't expect 9.8s when I order but I have received some of them. Wytches, Spider-Gwen, Silk, and others have all been the best covers of that particular issue imo. I can tell you with surety that he has delivered more than he promised every single time. I received my Spider-Gwen order within 3 days of release. 2c

Larry is never right. If the world was fair he'd be gone.

Hilarious.

My business absolutely thriving right now must be killing you..

I love it.

lol

Your success does not affect me.

:hi:

Have you been on a CGC vacation ? I haven't seen you on here in a while.

my first time ordering with Larry was the Spider-gwen phantoms... arrived at my house a couple days after release and are great looking books... even got a couple bonus copies of other books... i am more than pleased...

To those that chime in that there had good experience with Larry. Good for you.

No businessman treat all his customers horrible. They wouldn't be in business

long. He obviously does treat some horrible by ignoring them and then getting

Angry if they complain. I personally wouldn't do business with people like him.

He is disgrace to himself and the hobby I love. To those that don't know Google

him and you will see all the hate this man have in him.

I've never bought anything from Larry, but when a seller advertises a NM+, that means they've already graded the book and its a 9.6. Anything higher is a bonus. To expect a 9.8 is unreasonable in my opinion unless he graded the book NM/MT

my first time ordering with Larry was the Spider-gwen phantoms... arrived at my house a couple days after release and are great looking books... even got a couple bonus copies of other books... i am more than pleased...

+1 I have met Larry a few times, and he always a pleasure to do business with. I have even been to his shop up in Mass, and he has given me great deals. You probably need to meet a guy to get an accurate view of his character. It doesn't hurt that he is a Sawx fan.

I've never bought anything from Larry, but when a seller advertises a NM+, that means they've already graded the book and its a 9.6. Anything higher is a bonus. To expect a 9.8 is unreasonable in my opinion unless he graded the book NM/MT

+1

I'll just pop in here to say that it seems that Larry will be going above and beyond to make things right with me. I'll also repeat something I posted elsewhere on the boards this morning regarding the note I left that stated "I'd really appreciate it if you could pick out copies with 9.8 potential for me."

I'm not someone who sends books to CGC for grading, so I never ask sellers to provide me with comics that will grade out at 9.8. So why did I mention comics with 9.8 potential in this case? Because Larry was making posts like this on his Google+ page in reference to his Spider-Gwen variants:

"I'll screen gorgeous copies for you!"

"I'll screen my copies for the best for you guys."

It sounded like he was going to be screening the books anyway, so asking him to send me the best books possible didn't seem out of line. I didn't insist on getting 9.8 comics. This experience has taught me to be very careful about how I word things when dealing with sellers.

All the customer wanted was a decent book. He could of contacted

the customer and say I can't promise 9.8. Just ignoring your customers

is not good.

I had 1,100+ orders to fill.

When I got to this one & saw the "request" for 9.8 candidates, I moved on to the next order.

Most online sellers will agree that "requesting" a 9.8 means "it damn well better be 9.8"

The buyer was adding something to the transaction. Not to mention, he was from Canada & reships would decimate this modest transaction.

He up: He should have made that inquiry before his purchase.

I up: I should have refunded him right then & there.

At best the customer is just misinformed about how grading works.

At worst, he's a scumbag practicing a predatory purchasing technique.

I refunded the customer & am sending him pre-screened 9.8 candidates at no charge, ONLY because I dragged my on the refund.

Anyway, Policy was formed.

Going forward in my mail order business, I'll be cancelling & blocking any such orders.

They're too troublesome.

lol. RMA is right there are not friends but I still don't understand

how some one could agree with him knowing his character.

And in this situation he is clearly wrong. All he needed to do was

Communicate.

I suspect this might be over your head....and I hope I'm wrong....but if Larry said "the sun rises in the east", would you say he was wrong?

You need to develop your critical thinking skills. Truth is truth, regardless of who says it. Asking for "9.8 potentials" was not an appropriate request. In that respect, Larry is right.

That doesn't therefore mean that I'm now best friends with Larry, or support everything else he says.

It is not reasonable to be a partisan.