• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

Google Larry to know why he has a lot of haters. I don't care how nice

a person act in person is what he does and say that defined a person.

I wouldn't lay in bed with the devil to get some comic books.

elizabeth_hurley_bedazzled_hq_capture_AfOkoAFsized_zps15fe0e53.jpg

I would.

I just want to have this picture on this page twice. Because it deserves to be seen again.

And yes, I'd bang the bejeezus out of the devil if she was hooking me up with awesome books. As long as she doesn't whine & complain about my technique the whole time or try to steal my wallet. Straight business transaction? Done & done.

We will put it up a third time...hopefully it causes people to calm down a bit.

Maybe you didn't read or it went over your head. I already say you two

Aren't friends.

I didn't say you said otherwise. Critical thinking is required.

The customer didn't asked for a 9.8.

Larry wasn't selling 9.8s, so this isn't relevant.

He asked for 9.8

candidate.

And that was the problem.

I like the way some of you guys changing the facts to back up

good ole Larry.

Which "facts" were changed? I've already addressed the "9.8" issue, so what other facts were changed? Can you say?

Am sure Hitler was nice to some people but he still

had a lot of hate in him. Sorry Larry if I offend your idol.

That's not an appropriate thing to say.

All the customer wanted was a decent book. He could of contacted

the customer and say I can't promise 9.8. Just ignoring your customers

is not good.

I had 1,100+ orders to fill.

When I got to this one & saw the "request" for 9.8 candidates, I moved on to the next order.

Most online sellers will agree that "requesting" a 9.8 means "it damn well better be 9.8"

The buyer was adding something to the transaction. Not to mention, he was from Canada & reships would decimate this modest transaction.

He up: He should have made that inquiry before his purchase.

I up: I should have refunded him right then & there.

At best the customer is just misinformed about how grading works.

At worst, he's a scumbag practicing a predatory purchasing technique.

I refunded the customer & am sending him pre-screened 9.8 candidates at no charge, ONLY because I dragged my on the refund.

Anyway, Policy was formed.

Going forward in my mail order business, I'll be cancelling & blocking any such orders.

They're too troublesome.

Then why did you just remove yourself from my inquiry about 10 copies of Spider-Gwen??

You told me you could not promise grades and I gave you ABSOLUTELY NO PUSHBACK. Then when I ask about the price for colored and B&Ws, a total and paypal address, you just remove yourself. When I think you misunderstood and send another PM, you just remove yourself again.

I appreciate you selling the Enormous books and letting me pick them up at your shop on my way back from vacation. I also appreciate the sharp condition of the books you sold me at a more than fair price. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out a good reason why you would dismiss an inquiry from a return customer in this manner

Joey..

The Enormous deal that I did with you was one of the most stressful transactions I have ever been part of.

You prepaid.

215 shipped late.

I was locked into a deal with you.

You messaged SO many times, it was just too stressful.

You're the textbook definition of customer that "requests" 9.8 candidates , but really "demands" 9.8 candidates. ( while looking for the "hook-up" price)

I'd love to sell you books in person, but will NEVER mail order you again.

Sorry.

no dog in the hunt, but wouldn't it make more sense to have mentioned this via pm earlier as opposed to continual removal from threads then posting this publicly here?

"I appreciate that you have high standards, as well as your enthusiasm. We do our best here, but I think it would be better for both parties if all future transactions between us occur in person. Unfortunately, this means we will no longer be accepting mail-in orders from you. We genuinely apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Contact me anytime to let me know if/when you want to come in. Thanks so much for your interest and your patronage."

Yeah, that would have been too easy for Larry, unfortunately.

As far as the enormous book, I DEMANDED nothing. I think the stressful part was that you were out of town at a Con when I came through and you were relying on your "skeleton crew" to not screw up when I came in to pick them up. Pretty funny really.

To be fair about it though, I was not demanding anything, BUT because I believed someday it would be a hit, I was looking for high grade copies.

Look at the post at the top of this page.

The post at the top of my page is from lgc23. I'm pretty sure that's not the post to which you refer. Not everyone has the standard "10 posts per page" count.

There wasn't anything inappropriate about what I did given the circumstances.

If you want to believe that, that's fine, but it doesn't make it true. I'll say it again: if you want 9.8 potentials, 1. screen the books yourself; 2. be willing to compensate the seller for his time and expertise; 3. buy 9.8 slabs.

Otherwise, asking for 9.8 potentials, without offering anything additional for the seller's time...which is what you did (and, after the fact, I might add)...is not appropriate.

You're backpedaling when you say "well, that's not what I MEANT...what I MEANT was just 'nice copies'" You may have meant that, but it's not what you said. "9.8 potentials" has a very specific meaning in this market. If you didn't know that before, now you do, which is good...right?

If Larry was uncomfortable with my note, all he had to was take a second to reach out to me by e-mail. I would have then clarified things and we'd have both been happy.

Granted. Not in dispute.

It's my sincere hope that he'll learn from this and act differently the next time he finds himself in a similar situation. His customers will benefit from it and so will his business.

It's my sincere hope that you learn something, too, and not make special requests without being willing to compensate the seller. Your retailers will benefit from it, and so will you.

I'll sleep fine tonight knowing that I didn't do anything wrong. Did you miss the part where I mentioned that Larry specifically stated that he was screening the books?

So seeing that we can't ask for 9.8 candidates now, can i then ask for 9.9 candidates instead?

:jokealert:

Who said you can't ask for 9.8 candidates...?

hm

But yeah, you can ask for 9.9s. You probably won't get them, but you can ask for them.

PS. Carlin (your sigline) was partly right, and partly wrong.

Is now an appropriate time to request a 9.8 candidate for my Squarriors variant?

Look at the post at the top of this page.

The post at the top of my page is from lgc23. I'm pretty sure that's not the post to which you refer. Not everyone has the standard "10 posts per page" count.

There wasn't anything inappropriate about what I did given the circumstances.

If you want to believe that, that's fine, but it doesn't make it true. I'll say it again: if you want 9.8 potentials, 1. screen the books yourself; 2. be willing to compensate the seller for his time and expertise; 3. buy 9.8 slabs.

Otherwise, asking for 9.8 potentials, without offering anything additional for the seller's time...which is what you did (and, after the fact, I might add)...is not appropriate.

You're backpedaling when you say "well, that's not what I MEANT...what I MEANT was just 'nice copies'" You may have meant that, but it's not what you said. "9.8 potentials" has a very specific meaning in this market. If you didn't know that before, now you do, which is good...right?

If Larry was uncomfortable with my note, all he had to was take a second to reach out to me by e-mail. I would have then clarified things and we'd have both been happy.

Granted. Not in dispute.

It's my sincere hope that he'll learn from this and act differently the next time he finds himself in a similar situation. His customers will benefit from it and so will his business.

It's my sincere hope that you learn something, too, and not make special requests without being willing to compensate the seller. Your retailers will benefit from it, and so will you.

I'll sleep fine tonight knowing that I didn't do anything wrong. Did you miss the part where I mentioned that Larry specifically stated that he was screening the books?

Yes.

for NM+ copies

Generally a 9.6

You requested something entirely else.

Sleep tight...

To those that chime in that there had good experience with Larry. Good for you.

No businessman treat all his customers horrible. They wouldn't be in business

long. He obviously does treat some horrible by ignoring them and then getting

Angry if they complain. I personally wouldn't do business with people like him.

He is disgrace to himself and the hobby I love. To those that don't know Google

him and you will see all the hate this man have in him.

OK, game's over pal..

Who is this?

You may wanna wear a fake 'stache and glasses to go along with your fake accent

This guy has troll alert written all over him!

lol. RMA is right there are not friends but I still don't understand

how some one could agree with him knowing his character.

And in this situation he is clearly wrong. All he needed to do was

Communicate.

I suspect this might be over your head....and I hope I'm wrong....but if Larry said "the sun rises in the east", would you say he was wrong?

You need to develop your critical thinking skills. Truth is truth, regardless of who says it. Asking for "9.8 potentials" was not an appropriate request. In that respect, Larry is right.

That doesn't therefore mean that I'm now best friends with Larry, or support everything else he says.

It is not reasonable to be a partisan.

Wow! This is exciting!

RMA is friending Larry!

This is as exciting to watch as when Terry Gordy friended Kerry Von Erich!

No, I didn't miss that part.

If you want to believe you didn't do anything wrong (as in "incorrect", not "bad"), again, that's certainly your right. But if you're unwilling to accept any responsibility at all, what does that say?

Here's where your argument falls apart: if Larry had said he was "screening for 9.8 copies", then your request would have been redundant and unnecessary. But he didn't. He didn't promise 9.8s. He didn't even imply 9.8s. And that made your request, in your mind, necessary in the first place, or you wouldn't have made it, which means you acknowledge that he wasn't offering 9.8s.

(and I can't help but notice that you didn't bring up the "screening" comments by Larry until well into the discussion. If it was vital, why didn't you bring it up at the beginning?)

Here's what you said:

It sounded like he was going to be screening the books anyway, so asking him to send me the best books possible didn't seem out of line.

One more time: you didn't ask for "the best books possible." You asked for a SPECIFIC type of book: a 9.8 candidate. World of difference.

I didn't insist on getting 9.8 comics.

You asked for 9.8 candidates. Whether you "insisted" or not isn't relevant.

This experience has taught me to be very careful about how I word things when dealing with sellers.

So, was there something incorrect after all, that you can now fix going forward...?

hm