• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

You've sold books as a result of advertising in this thread. (thumbs u

As a result?!?

Good luck with that champ!

No luck required. You list your variants here as "going to be hot" and then sell via PM and email. You can hide behind any technicality you wish.

PLEASE:

Find me my post where I say: "going to be hot"

If you can produce it, this thread should be closed.

If you cannot:

You. ARE. a. Troll.

You've sold books as a result of advertising in this thread. (thumbs u

As a result?!?

Good luck with that champ!

No luck required. You list your variants here as "going to be hot" and then sell via PM and email. You can hide behind any technicality you wish.

PLEASE:

Find me my post where I say: "going to be hot"

If you can produce it, this thread should be closed.

If you cannot:

You. ARE. a. Troll.

There isn't really need to look for those quotes (doesn't have to be verbatim) when there are better ones in the thread...

My wife does some Ebay listing, but it's not always current or competitively priced for CGC guys.

DM for the hook up

or

https://www.facebook.com/larryscomics/app_101047303392473

It's understandable that you are proud of what you are doing and want to show off the covers but it's also understandable why a retailer who started a thread about their own wares can attract a bit of cynicism from a bunch of grumpy old farts like us ;)

Personally I think this thread started out very colourful and focused on the covers but has kinda strayed a little. Just a thought, but pushing it in the direction of a bit more behind the scenes info, prelims, artist info, etc... would actually make the thread feel a lot less like it is purely a marketing exercise. It's great that people find it useful, but it's because they are wanting to know when they can buy variants in advance and there are already two stickies for "Comics Shipping".

Which is why this thread should be move to the sales/dealer section. (thumbs u

Why?

Taking that approach, so should other threads, like Modern's heating up or any other thread where price appreciation of a book or this issue is going to be hot is discussed by boardies that are selling them, be moved as well. That would wipe out most of the active threads on the Modern board. (shrug)

Why?

Taking that approach, so should other threads, like Modern's heating up or any other thread where price appreciation of a book or this issue is going to be hot is discussed by boardies that are selling them, be moved as well. That would wipe out most of the active threads on the Modern board. (shrug)

Conquest Comics got moved there when they started their own thread for ASM #4. And that variant actually held value instead of the dozens Phantom has put out.

I'm still waiting on Escape from Jesus Island news that was hyped up beyond belief when the variant was released weeks before the regular release.....

Why?

Conquest Comics got moved there when they started their own thread for ASM #4. And that variant actually held value instead of the dozens Phantom has put out.

I'm still waiting on Escape from Jesus Island news that was hyped up beyond belief when the variant was released weeks before the regular release.....

Most J Scott Campbell covers hold their value.

What Jesus Island news are you waiting for exactly?

Why?

Holding value I don't think is the goal of the Phantom program. Don't get me wrong its nice and I am sure they like it too, but I don't believe that's a major goal.

Why?

Holding value I don't think is the goal of the Phantom program. Don't get me wrong its nice and I am sure they like it too, but I don't believe that's a major goal.

I've ALWAYS said that I think shop variants are a poor long term investment.

Plenty of short term opportunity.

I produce covers that I like.

That's my goal.