• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom variant program

861 posts in this topic

FF needs a boost?

he said the big 2 ones help by getting artists on covers of books they otherwise wouldnt get to do. But, obviously the ultimate goal for everyone involved is to make money. As long as he's up front about the fact that he is making them, and who is selling them, I say let's all let it be.

Nice cover on FF, too bad about Marvel's rule regarding the logo. Makes them look more like store variants (which I am NOT a fan of). Larry, you should create an alternate phantom logo, specifically to use for the Marvel covers. Make it something that blends in better at the edges, and have your artists know ahead of time where it will be. I bet you could keep their rules intact, while blending it in a lot more :)

FF needs a boost?

he said the big 2 ones help by getting artists on covers of books they otherwise wouldnt get to do. But, obviously the ultimate goal for everyone involved is to make money. As long as he's up front about the fact that he is making them, and who is selling them, I say let's all let it be.

Nice cover on FF, too bad about Marvel's rule regarding the logo. Makes them look more like store variants (which I am NOT a fan of). Larry, you should create an alternate phantom logo, specifically to use for the Marvel covers. Make it something that blends in better at the edges, and have your artists know ahead of time where it will be. I bet you could keep their rules intact, while blending it in a lot more :)

They ARE store variants - what part of this are you so spectacularly missing?

The difference between a Larry variant and a Phantom Variant is nothing!

They will never be part of the 'official story run' and always a store created one-off. (shrug)

I like the fact that both Deadpool and FF both has those vintage look on them....very nice..

Wonder why the other variant (Bedlam and GP) didn't have the vintage look on them? Artist preference maybe? Or maybe both Marvel books started a long time ago and the other two is just starting........

I like the fact that both Deadpool and FF both has those vintage look on them....very nice..

Wonder why the other variant (Bedlam and GP) didn't have the vintage look on them? Artist preference maybe? Or maybe both Marvel books started a long time ago and the other two is just starting........

I agree, the vintage look is very nice & unique.

FF needs a boost?

No. But Charles Paul Wilson certainly appreciates the exposure.

Stuff of Legend is my personal favorite independent book to come out the last few years.

If 1% of people that see the cover, & check out SOL, it's a WIN for creator owned.

Get it?

FF needs a boost?

No. But Charles Paul Wilson certainly appreciates the exposure.

Stuff of Legend is my personal favorite independent book to come out the last few years.

If 1% of people that see the cover, & check out SOL, it's a WIN for creator owned.

Get it?

ok. That does make sense.

ive never heard of Charles Paul Wilson or Stuff of Legend, but ive not read comics since the 80s