• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My car is going to decide if I get to buy comics tomorrow *UPDATE*

54 posts in this topic

If all else fails, you can always ghost ride it into a local rock quarry. It's a site to behold. :insane:
lol noted

I wasn't joking. :devil:

There is no 'nervous laughter' lol emote

The blower motor in my car has started blowing fuses (thumbs u Awesome!

Even better its starting to get cold so the windows fog if I drive in town. So off to the shop Fran goes, yeah it's name is Fran, and there's a comic shop I've never been to close by.

If its just a relay I'll be able to buy something awesome. If it's the blower motor itself, something less awesome. If its god knows what and they have to pull the dash apart and hunt...nothin'.

Fingers crossed :wishluck:

If the windows are fogging up its most likely the heater core. (shrug) A pain in the azz to change but not that hard, just time consuming getting at it.

Heater core is possible but it could be an orgy in the back seat. :preach:

Even better its starting to get cold so the windows fog if I drive in town. So off to the shop Fran goes, yeah it's name is Fran, and there's a comic shop I've never been to close by.

If its just a relay I'll be able to buy something awesome. If it's the blower motor itself, something less awesome. If its god knows what and they have to pull the dash apart and hunt...nothin'.

If the windows are fogging up its most likely the heater core. (shrug) A pain in the azz to change but not that hard, just time consuming getting at it.

Yeah, that fogs the windows up quick. I got caught by the State Cops once and the girl I was with was in her birthday suit in the back seat. The windows were so fogged we didn't even see the two cops sneek up on us.

The next thing I heard was the tapping of his flashlight on the window as he was trying to look into the car. I hate when that happens. :o

Yeah, that fogs the windows up quick. I got caught by the State Cops once and the girl I was with was in her birthday suit in the back seat. The windows were so fogged we didn't even see the two cops sneek up on us.

The next thing I heard was the tapping of his flashlight on the window as he was trying to look into the car. I hate when that happens. :o

I've been there. Told the police it was the heater core.

And it was leaking.

And it was leaking.

:P

Put in a new fuse. Test the amp draw of the blower when you fire it up, that should help narrow it down. Do you have a multi meter? Does it run for a bit and blow, or just poof. You might want to try a fix on your own if you can be sure of the problem. It sounds like the motor is shot, but it could be something very simple (such as the power wire touching the frame (ground))

You tube often has good videos of common repairs.

Good luck.

Put in a new fuse. Test the amp draw of the blower when you fire it up, that should help narrow it down. Do you have a multi meter? Does it run for a bit and blow, or just poof. You might want to try a fix on your own if you can be sure of the problem. It sounds like the motor is shot, but it could be something very simple (such as the power wire touching the frame (ground))

Good luck.

I love when handy people just say to watch a video. My uncles a contractor and I keep trying to hire him to do my windows cheap. He keeps emailing me videos of it like I'm goons to figure it out...

A/C and heat are still there, just no fan.

Edit: the relay seems to be a common problem after a quick google search.

What kind of car?

2008 Subaru Impreza

These came with a five year warranty here - am I missing something?

Good luck.

Instant poof for the fuses.

Do the newer cars still have the resister mounted in the air pathway in the dash? Years ago I had a car that had the resister wires touching each other and shorting out. The wires from my low-medium-high switch ran to this resister, and then to the heater blower motor if I remember correctly. Well something must have caused two of the wires to touch and short so my heater would not come on at all. I do not remember if it blew the fuses, though.

Hopefully yours is just a hot wire getting grounded and not the blower motor.