• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any of our UK boardies going to the Leeds' Comic Con Nov 17-18?

61 posts in this topic

WOW

Ok to answer your questions.

I have been a CGC witness at San Diego and New York this year.

I sub facilitated for DWC at Kapow this year as a test run on the potential market for CGC in the UK and to open up the market to artists and writers that we, in the UK, see on a monthly basis.

ie Charlie Adlard, Alan Davis, Sean Philips.

CGC would not have allowed me to have a dealer account and facilitate especially in the UK if they didn't trust me.

I attend generally every convention in the UK and both San Diego and New York.

£43 a sub, plus £10 to post back to you. Extra comics postage is £5.

It has never been done in the UK with a UK facilitator.

This price includes slabbing, postage to CGC, postage back, insurance, fast track, CGC invoice fee. Just doesn't include postage when I get comics back to you, which has changed to £10 plus £5 per comic after.

Did you submit any comics at London Super Comic Convention?

says £4 on your website

£43 a sub, plus £10 to post back to you. Extra comics postage is £5.

It has never been done in the UK with a UK facilitator.

This price includes slabbing, postage to CGC, postage back, insurance, fast track, CGC invoice fee. Just doesn't include postage when I get comics back to you, which has changed to £10 plus £5 per comic after.

Did you submit any comics at London Super Comic Convention?

says £4 on your website

Also says £20 1st comic, then £4 things have changed that I havent updated yet.

£10 per comic plus £5 per additional. This is recorded signed for with full insurance upto £30,000 for that package.

A lot of CGC SS guys know me out there, so I just wanted to give Dom (king100) my endorsement. I can say for a fact that he's not out to profit and has been in the hobby for a while now. I'd honestly recommend taking advantage of his offering :) not many good guys left out there, but he's one of them.

I've got no problem with him at all, I was just surprised that after us UK boardies were told a couple of years ago that under no circumstances would CGC appoint UK-based witnesses due to legal reasons one suddenly pops up out of the blue. What happened to the legalities?

so who are you?

you have 88 posts on here and a 3 day old facebook account.

Personally I'd like a lot more info before I handed over £50 plus to you

Please note its a 3 day old facebook page not an account, SSC Comics has just been set up to solely facilitate CGC Signature series in the UK.

You can always ask

t3quila

Rich_Henn

who I am, or the obvious would be to email Mike, Harshen or Gemma at CGC and ask about me.

I've got no problem with him at all, I was just surprised that after us UK boardies were told a couple of years ago that under no circumstances would CGC appoint UK-based witnesses due to legal reasons one suddenly pops up out of the blue. What happened to the legalities?

Lots of paperwork......

so who are you?

Please note its a 3 day old facebook page not an account, SSC Comics has just been set up to solely facilitate CGC Signature series in the UK.

You can always ask

t3quila

Rich_Henn

who I am, or the obvious would be to email Mike, Harshen or Gemma at CGC and ask about me.

Or maybe you could just tell us who you are?

so who are you?

You can always ask

t3quila

Rich_Henn

Got to agree with Matt and Andrew. You aren't particulary well known on these boards and some of your answers have been a little on the short and sweet side.

I'm happy that the UK has finally got an official CGCfacilitator and in all honesty, I hope you are very succesful.

Perhaps being a little more open and approachable (Or as approachable as you can be on a forum) might help to stir up a little more trust and subsequent business.

I've got a lot of time for Gav and Lloyd's opinions but your own seemingly evasive responses would make me consider DWC as a prefered facilitator every time (Obvioulsy - if they were available).

I wish I could be there but I have the small matter of a London Derby to attend on the Sat and it's a long way to travel for a single day :cry:

Getting beaten by Spurs or Comic convention (shrug)

Didn't you know - southern comic collectors never travel further north than Watford.

hm

I wish I could be there but I have the small matter of a London Derby to attend on the Sat and it's a long way to travel for a single day :cry:

Didn't you know - southern comic collectors never travel further north than Watford.

hm

You haven't got here yet lol

hm

You haven't got here yet lol

Non-refundable tickets are booked though! :sumo:

so who are you?

You can always ask

t3quila

Rich_Henn

Got to agree with Matt and Andrew. You aren't particulary well known on these boards and some of your answers have been a little on the short and sweet side.

I'm happy that the UK has finally got an official CGCfacilitator and in all honesty, I hope you are very succesful.

Perhaps being a little more open and approachable (Or as approachable as you can be on a forum) might help to stir up a little more trust and subsequent business.

I've got a lot of time for Gav and Lloyd's opinions but your own seemingly evasive responses would make me consider DWC as a prefered facilitator every time (Obvioulsy - if they were available).

So who am I?

Been collecting comics for 12 years, reading them a lot longer.

This is a hobby that due to random meetings and chances it have turned into more than that. I have been on and off frequenting conventions for 5 years or so, but never actively participating, until the last year or so. I had never been to a USA convention until this year when I was invited to CAW at San Diego for DWC, then again for NYCC.

I had asked CGC previously about facilitating and witnessing in the UK a few years back and this was cemented again as I was initially disappointed after LSCC 2012 to find that there was still no facilitator or witness in the UK. So from then I tried to see how this could be organised, initially it was difficult, but after meeting CGC in San Diego , and the trail run that we had at Kapow, which was very low key. It was thought that a collaboration between DWC and myself to help facilitate. Hence myself as a facilitator was born.

What does the future hold? Well when things are up and running and full steam ahead the US market will have access to more UK artists and writers, as books would be submitted through DWC to me, and vice versa, the UK will access to submitting through me to DWC and what they offer. This in turn will lower the cost of shipping and for an example. You might know that DWC has a signing with ABC artist in 4 weeks time, you can submit at TB2012 for that show, thus helping with the shipping costs.

I have access to certain creators that don't regularly make appearances in the US and unlike the US it is very easy to get signatures from the top UK names.

I also write and run a website www.comicconventions.co.uk.

My ultimate dream is to get the European headquarters of CGC located to London and have graders and slabbing machine located here.

My low post is due to the fact I am more a reader and have been extremely busy, to contribute to a forum, plus I tend to access from my phone and typing a response is annoying.

If you guys are coming to TB2012 by all means come and say hello, I will be there from Thursday night staying at the Marriott. I also have a table there so look out for that. Will also be walking the line and handing out flyers