• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Spider-man story arc

91 posts in this topic

Best arc was issues 292- to the 445 then don't real the last few pages and then read Sensational Spider-man v2 #40 for a nice way to end the series and give Peter a happy ending.

I have read a good portion of the arcs mentioned, except for the kravens last hunt and all the input has been great, but now am really wondering is there anything really worth reading after the venom 300 arc?

ASM 229-230 'Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut' 2c

Most of the Stern written stories from that era are just fantastic. :cloud9:

Yup, and the cherry on top was when they got Stern back to write 'The Hobgoblin Lives', and complete the Hobgoblin saga the way he'd originally intended, instead of the half-azzed editorial screw-up story in ASM 289.

Issue #289 was a joke and right about the time I stepped way from comics for about 10 years. I don't think I missed much.

I have read a good portion of the arcs mentioned, except for the kravens last hunt and all the input has been great, but now am really wondering is there anything really worth reading after the venom 300 arc?

JMS's run on the title was outstanding, for the most part anyway. Some of the satellite titles really did some nice stuff too.

The Night Gwen Stacy Died (121) and The Goblin's Last Stand! (122) published in the Summer of 1973.

Anything else is a distant second. In fact, it's not even a contest.

I may or may not have gotten teary eyed reading this a few months ago :facepalm:

Kraven's Last Hunt will always be best. That's because it's written like a Batman story.

Second is the Death of Jean DeWolf. Sin Eater was a pretty good character and who doesn't like to see Daredevil knock out a pissed off Spidey?

I also liked the original Rose storyline w/Richard Fisk as the Rose. The early Hobgoblin stuff is also great.

Kraven's Last Hunt will always be best. That's because it's written like a Batman story.

Second is the Death of Jean DeWolf. Sin Eater was a pretty good character and who doesn't like to see Daredevil knock out a pissed off Spidey?

I also liked the original Rose storyline w/Richard Fisk as the Rose. The early Hobgoblin stuff is also great.

:applause: