• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me...

29 posts in this topic

There's nothing so terrible about it.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

There's nothing so terrible about it.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

much better! (worship)

Boolean is my friend

I have the best message for searching for something. I post something that is on my mind. If there is a 20 page thread concerning the issue, someone is always kind enough to remind me that it has been discussed before and link me to it.

I can't ever find what I am looking for with the search engine either.

Both really. The 2 year limit makes it tough and no matter how hard I try I can't get the results I want. Other people seem to have no problem (shrug)

Just ask BlowuptheMoon, that dude can find anything around here.I picture him as some mad genius sitting at a table drinking wine. (worship)

Some days, it doesn't work at all. When I suspect that is happening, I search for something in one of my recent posts and still come up empty.

I have never gotten the Boolean functions to work at all. I've added spaces before and after the "+" I have put no spaces around the symbols, it doesn't matter, it just doesn't work. At best, the "+" acts as an "or" function.