• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me...

29 posts in this topic

There's nothing so terrible about it.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

It's still easier to use Google IMO.

Even though I don't have a problem with it, I think it is easier to just use Google + "site:boards.collectors-society.com" in the search box, no quotes + what you're looking for =

http://www.google.com/search?q=search+boards+site%3Aboards.collectors-society.com&hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=1672l12328l0l13141l26l22l1l1l0l0l1312l4030l5-2.2.1l5l0&oq=search+boards+site%3Aboards.collectors-society.com&gs_l=heirloom-serp.12...11922.17109.0.18766.13.9.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.HVFjg14qt94

Both really. The 2 year limit makes it tough and no matter how hard I try I can't get the results I want. Other people seem to have no problem (shrug)

Just ask BlowuptheMoon, that dude can find anything around here.I picture him as some mad genius sitting at a table drinking wine. (worship)

Sometimes I think he has a log on an extensive Word document, organized by subject, date, and poster....he brings up the most randomest quotes from like..literally, months ago, sometimes years; how do you do that solely with the search function. I got to give him that much, he is a genius in finding mess

Or is the search function on this site spoon?

I gave up on using it after a few unsuccessful attempts. I'm a giver-upper. My grade school nuns sure had me pegged. :(

:roflmao: :roflmao:

+1

There's nothing so terrible about it.

Use +keyword for required keywords.

Use -keyword to exclude posts with a keyword.

Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase.

Use a * at the end of the word to match partial words.

It's still easier to use Google IMO.

Even though I don't have a problem with it, I think it is easier to just use Google + "site:boards.collectors-society.com" in the search box, no quotes + what you're looking for =

http://www.google.com/search?q=search+boards+site%3Aboards.collectors-society.com&hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=1672l12328l0l13141l26l22l1l1l0l0l1312l4030l5-2.2.1l5l0&oq=search+boards+site%3Aboards.collectors-society.com&gs_l=heirloom-serp.12...11922.17109.0.18766.13.9.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.HVFjg14qt94