• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polybagged multi-packs, should I open? (not modern)

10 posts in this topic

I just bought a couple 4-packs of some late-60's/early 70's black-history comics that are still sealed in their poly-bags. It's easy to see that, inside the bags, they are in a 9.4-9.6 condition.

My question is: Should I open the originally polybags (and bag them properly), or leave them as-is?

The current values for these comics individually aren't super-high, but not dollar bin stuff either. Maybe $20-30 each.

It's easy to see that, inside the bags, they are in a 9.4-9.6 condition.

Seriously?

I can see why you might say that from the pic I posted, but you can't see any of the corners from my photos (or really the spines for that matter). In hand, there is enough clear loose bag to move around to inspect the interior - and it is really nice.

I would leave them sealed...

Just curious, would you leave them sealed to retain/increase value, or for other reasons? I only ask as I would love to see them....

Does it matter that the two polybagged sets I have are twins? (maybe open and bag one set, and keep the other as-is)