• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos #12 - A cover mix-up?

7 posts in this topic

I just picked up this issue. On the cover it lists the story arc as "Part 4 of 6." Yet with this as the final issue, and on the interior pages, it correctly notes this as 6 of 6. Just wondered if anyone caught this. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have to say I was disappointed in the overall quality of the run. It didn't have Starlin's usual flair IMO. Usually everything he's done with Thanos and Warlock I felt were some superb story arcs. This one didn't measure up for me. Leaving after issue 6 didn't help either.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the upcoming movie. insane.gif

Tough to expect Starlin's flare from a book without Starlin. I like Ron Lim though, loved his Silver Surfer back in the 80s. Giffen has been very miss with me lately. Have liked little he has done. Reign of the Zodiac was about all I enjoyed, but thats mostly because I dig Doran.

And yeah, noticed that mix up too. How can that pass through editorial?

Tough to expect Starlin's flare from a book without Starlin. I like Ron Lim though, loved his Silver Surfer back in the 80s. Giffen has been very miss with me lately. Have liked little he has done. Reign of the Zodiac was about all I enjoyed, but thats mostly because I dig Doran.

And yeah, noticed that mix up too. How can that pass through editorial?

In the 6 issues he did Starlin didn't seem to have "it." I agree. I liked Lim's work with SS too.

Working in print publishing like I do it is very easy to have things slip through like the cover mistake. No matter how diligent you try to be.

I'd love to see any sort of space-ish movie made out of the host of "galatic-type" characters Marvel has in its stable. Silver Surfer is the initial likely candidate, and Thanos would certainly be a baddie worth a SS movie. Galactus is a bit much to pull off =p