• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color 178 Club

30 posts in this topic

And Photobucket is down at the moment, so I'll need to wait to show mine.

One question: My copy has a matte cover, not glossy. I've never been sure if this was normal, or if I actually have a Canadian copy or something else nonstandard.

Every copy I have ever seen has had a "matte" finish on the cover - almost like paper, and much thinner than the usual cover stock.

I think you have the genuine article.

One question: My copy has a matte cover, not glossy. I've never been sure if this was normal, or if I actually have a Canadian copy or something else nonstandard.

Every copy I have ever seen has had a "matte" finish on the cover - almost like paper, and much thinner than the usual cover stock.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I always think of this book as a twin of the #178 for some reason!

Indeed it is! 1st Scrooge in WDC&S.

As I've said in another thread, the Scrooge triumvirate, in my opinion, is FC 178, WDCS 98 and FC 386.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

I bought my copy from the original owner who had bought it off the stands. Matte cover and all.

8021920367_e8dd795688_c.jpg

I have another that could have gone in this pile but left it in the doubles box.

6714145295_dfea95a14f_b.jpg

This photo has my other copy of FC 178 which isn't as nice as the one above but it is surrounded by covers and other art by Dan Gormley. He also drew the cover of FC 178.