• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color 178 Club

30 posts in this topic

:o

Incidentally I just received the latest Carl Barks collection from Fantagraphics today. Fantastic stuff and the hardcovers are great.

I got a raw copy off ebay years ago for $175 It was about an 8.0 It wasn't listed in the comics section. Unfortunately, I had to sell it. A few months after that, the book skyrocketed in price. It's always been a favorite of mine.

Yes. That's got me concerned that it's a scanner effect and the scan lies. I'll have to pull the book out to check if the scan is a good representation of the actual book. This used to be Matt's (shiverbones) book. Maybe he'll remember ... though I haven't seen him post in Gold for a coon's age.

And Photobucket is down at the moment, so I'll need to wait to show mine.

One question: My copy has a matte cover, not glossy. I've never been sure if this was normal, or if I actually have a Canadian copy or something else nonstandard.

I was looking to see if I had a scan online and ran into the same PhotoBucket issues.

I had to go to my Thank you list, and I have it, but somehow missed giving credit to who I traded with the get that book.