• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 or AF 15?

102 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity (and I dont mean to poop on anyones book!) why is the Batman a blue label? Tape on Golden age stuff isn't considered resto correct? Something like that...

Tape isn't restoration on any book.

Which I still have a hard time grasping imo.

Tape isn't considered resto by CGC or Overstreet.

If you want to consider it resto, that's up to you as an individual collector.

Taping a cover back onto a comic to get a higher blue label book is just wrong and should received the PLOD.

That might be the case, but that's not what I said.

Taping a cover back onto a comic to get a higher blue label book is just wrong and should received the PLOD.

I think that's what I struggle with.

Having a "small piece of tape on back cover" is one thing. Having an entire cover reattached by tape is another.

Just my 2 cents.

Having a "small piece of tape on back cover" is one thing. Having an entire cover reattached by tape is another.

Just my 2 cents.

It's an unfortunate loop hole. No law is perfect.

Just my 2 cents.

It's an unfortunate loop hole.

One that is very easily closed. Its quite easy to tell the difference between tape that's maybe a month old and tape that's quite a few years old.

Just my 2 cents.

It's an unfortunate loop hole.

One that is very easily closed. Its quite easy to tell the difference between tape that's maybe a month old and tape that's quite a few years old.

inside a slab? (shrug)