• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 or AF 15?

102 posts in this topic

If u could only have 1 of the following, which would u choose?:

Batman 1, CGC blue 2.5, cover totally reattached with tape, otherwise very nice eye appeal

Or

AF 15, CGC blue 6.5, crow, NO Marvel chipping, excellent eye appeal

Being a Batman fan, this is a tough call for me. I would normally pick Bats, but at the pisspoor condition that you described, I think I would opt for AF 15.

Now if this was Tec 27, that would be a different story.

If this is the only purchase you are going to be able to make for a decade, then I suggest the AF 15. It's a true first appearance and Spider-Man is THE Silver Age Grail. Batman 1 is ONE of the Golden Age grails.

However, if you think that in the next few years your finances will allow you to make another purchase at this price point, I think it wise to get the Batman 1. Mid grade AF 15's are much more common - and I know several people with VG to FN copies that are raw. You can go to any decent size show - even the bigger "dealer shows" and find copies of AF 15 for sale. They are on eBay every week. How many Batman 1's do you see? Especially a decent looking blue label copy at an affordable price?

It's a wonderful dilemma that you face....

Surprisingly while my heart is still in precode I would go for the AF15 over the Bat 1 any day. It is an unfair comparison. Now ASM 1 vs Bat 1 or Ted 27 vs AF 15 is a fair comparison (not monetarily but historically).

Besides, Batman 1 has Robin in it. :(