• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers #8

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have an opportunity to get Stan Lee's signature next weekend, possibly as a CGC Signature Series, and I am trying to determine which book to have him sign. I will be posting a couple candidates today for you guys to take a look at and help me grade. Let me know what you think.

Up next: Avengers #8

I know, the back cover scan is cut off along the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scanner at the moment to rescan it. There's nothing major along the bottom edge though; the main thing is the small wrinkle that has picked up a bit of dirt, which is visible in the scan. The back cover in general looks significantly nicer in hand, the scanner really picks up every fleck of dirt on it. Also, the small spot by the bottom staple is not rust. The bottom staple is clean. The top staple may have a tiny spot of rust on it, it's hard to tell, but if so it has not migrated.

Page quality is off-white to white.

av8front.jpg

av8back.jpg

7.0 to me.

The lighting change in on the top scan above the Av in avengers, is that a ripple ?

beautiful book

There's a slight overhang on the top edge of the book, I think this is what you are seeing.

Not what I am trying to call attention too.

look at the area between the book and the platten edge

You see an additional lighting effect. Not on the book,but above it. Would seem to me more light is reflecting due to the angle, hence my question :)

Like how a book in another thread showed a nasty grey scale on the spine as the book had a spine roll.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood.

That's actually me fighting with my scanner. For some reason, if I just put a comic in my scanner, it auto crops it down to size and I lose all the edges. So in order to get a full scan, I have to put a piece of paper behind it, which in this case was a bit wrinkly. That's actually the waviness of the piece of paper causing the light change, not the book itself.