• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone subscribing to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited

9 posts in this topic

I might give it a go. I was not too keen on the idea that it's web only, but I tried the preview books out and the fact it zooms in on the panels and you can easily flip through the book is great. I can put my feet o my desk lean back and easily catch up on some stuff.

If I decide to part with the cash for a year sub I'll report back.

I do this, am about 4 months in to the yearly subscription. There's coupons out there, so after the coupon it costs me about 3.80 a month. They continue to add new titles, granted they're about 6 mo to a year old when they add them. I am only doing this because I got tired of paying such ridiculous cover prices for comics that have 16 pages of story. It's a good fill in for me since I don't buy any new comics anymore. The value is there because there's so many books to choose from new and old. I'd recommend it if you don't mind reading them online, or care that you're not getting the brand new books immediately.

Brian

Been buying books individually. Just reading stuff from the past. Haven't done the unlimited yet but may. Has not stopped me from buying comics and anything I want to own. Jus t easy to carry around my tablet and phone to read some stuff.

When I asked them about this at NYCC the Marvel said that iPad compatibility is coming as Marvel will start to abandon flash technology. Look for it next year.

I just tried several of the free sample comics. Not too bad. The panels don't always quite line up with the dialogue/thought bubble(s) when it zooms in on each panel, but I could see getting used to it. Definitely a much cheaper option than chasing down the individual issues or trades. Might look into subscribing soon.