• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xmen variant experts. Need your help.

62 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm looking to complete a set of 9.8 xmen variants between 200-320. The problem I'm having is finding a good checklist. So far I have:

248 gold reprint

268 jcpenny

270 gold reprint

294 ?

295 ?

297 pressman

302 mystery reprint

303 pressman

307 pressman

320 wizard, and non deluxe issues

That's all I have at the moment. I'm sure there are a few I am missing. Anyone see what I'm missing?

221 So Much Fun

245 JCPenny

248 Gold

268 JCPenny

270 Gold

275 Gold Logo

281 Purple Logo

282 Gold

294 Bagged vs unbagged

295 Bagged vs unbagged

296 Bagged vs unbagged

297 Pressman

302 Blank UPC

303 Pressman

307 Pressman

316 Enhanced Cover vs Un-Enhanced cover

317 Enhanced Cover vs Un-Enhanced cover

318-322 Deluxe vs non-deluxe issues (I've heard rumers there are non-deluxe for issues 323 and 324 but I have never seen them

Then there are the Marvel Legends reprints:

Then the Canadian Newsstand Price Variants:

200-208

Edited by H311bender

It appears the near impossible task of getting a 9.8 of this mystery 302 book, and the 297 pressman has already been accomplished. Amazing. I'd just like ANY copy of the 302.

Didn't one of those come with an X-Men game? If so, search for an unopened game. I may have the issue number wrong.

DG

No, the 302 is not a Pressmen, in fact there has been some debate asto the origin which remains unclear.

It appears the near impossible task of getting a 9.8 of this mystery 302 book, and the 297 pressman has already been accomplished. Amazing. I'd just like ANY copy of the 302.

Didn't one of those come with an X-Men game? If so, search for an unopened game. I may have the issue number wrong.

DG

No, the 302 is not a Pressmen, in fact there has been some debate asto the origin which remains unclear.

not to mention, even with an unopened game, you have no idea what grade the book inside might be. :eek:

DG

not to mention, even with an unopened game, you have no idea what grade the book inside might be. :eek:

Many monies have been spent, with people finding his out the hard way. And the 302... I've given up searching for its origin. Collectors with far more knowledge than I have come up with nothing.

DG

The 297 is a pressman book you had to send away for. Some say they got it in the game itself, but who knows? The 302? Again, complete mystery.

You really want a challenge go after the 30/35 cent variants from the 1970s. There is a challenge my friend.

There's about as many xmen 302's as there are Scooby doo #1's .35.

That have been found so far. The Scooby's got you by what almost 20 years? Once word gets out on the 302 more will show up. Happens everytime right now no one is looking. Some people been looking for hard for Scooby for quite awhile.

Edited by Fastballspecial

You really want a challenge go after the 30/35 cent variants from the 1970s. There is a challenge my friend.

There's about as many xmen 302's as there are Scooby doo #1's .35.

That have been found so far. The Scooby's got you by what almost 20 years? Once word gets out on the 302 more will show up. Happens everytime right now no one is looking. Some people been looking for hard for Scooby for quite awhile.

Agreed. Scooby >>>>> 302

Time will tell. You're probably right, but neither book is universally sought after. There's only a handful of each of them. I'm hoping more 302's show up, because it's not going to be easy filling that hole in the set.