• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics: The Untold Story

184 posts in this topic

I'm reading it right now, about 200 pages in. Very interesting stuff, especially if you don't know much of the early Marvel history. It seems to be very honest about many of the major players, perhaps too honest. Might change the way you see some folks.....

Anyway, it could be better with transitions, but there is a lot of story to convey. All in all, I'm enjoying it.

I loved it. It was clear that the book was exhaustively researched (150 people were interviewed). I think it was very objective. Too many of the recent books were one sided with an agenda...

The sad part was that it has wiped out all illusions of the marvel bullpen.

It's a must read!

This is a great book. I've read many versions of this story over the years but this one is the best.

It cleverly intertwines details of the major Marvel story lines, with the editorial and corporate history of the company. It is faultlessly evenhanded and incredibly thorough.

And while it is unyielding in it's portrayal of the people involved it remains affectionate and unjudgemental.

I can't wait to read it again.

I don't know about everybody else, but I just noticed this book in stores. Guess it takes time for the word to get out in earnest. Anyway, tell your friend (I assume Sean Howe) congrats on what is going to be the definitive book on Marvel.

In reading it, I'm seeing my collection in a whole new light. I've come to appreciate the strife, politics, near misses, and general heavy drug-using that went into make the books I own and love.

This is a great book. I've read many versions of this story over the years but this one is the best.

It cleverly intertwines details of the major Marvel story lines, with the editorial and corporate history of the company. It is faultlessly evenhanded and incredibly thorough.

And while it is unyielding in it's portrayal of the people involved it remains affectionate and unjudgemental.

I can't wait to read it again.

As perfect a summary of the writer's voice as possible!

Fantastic book.