• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

So, I finally saw Birdman.

The cinematography and acting was excellent. But the ending...

What did you think?

Did he kill himself onstage and the rest was his postmortem fantasy?

Did he just blow his nose off and the rest was real?

If so, did he jump to his death, or did he become Birdman? And if the former, why did Sam look up to the sky?

hm

152458.jpg

Cherry Vanilla / Kathleen Dorritie

This quote from wiki about her cracked me up...

She became known for her outrageous marketing strategies, which included an open offer to perform oral sex on any DJ who would play Bowie's records.
lol

Also, I didn't know that Stewart Copeland once played in her band.

Cherry and Wayne/Jayne County were huge influences on Bowie...many have sais he stole many of his ideas from them after he saw their production "Pork"that they had brought over from New York and the Factory Warhol people that came with it.Wayne was also a main figure in the emergence of punk on both sides of the ocean.He is Jayne now.....

New rule

You don't post within the 4 hours you lose your point

Two points for me for coming up with the rule

I like the idea of some sort of time limit to keep games going. How would you flesh that out? When would the clock start ticking, and would it apply to multiple steps? IOW, the clock applies to submitting a new entry, notifying the winner, etc.?

And then, what would happen after the clock runs out? Would a new game entry be submitted by anyone, or only the previous winner, or ? ? ?

Currently, the rules state that you don't actually earn a point until items 1-4 are completed, so there would be no need for a point rollback.

1) Solve the current game entry with the correct answer

2) Submit new entry

3) Supply hints when required

4) When entry is solved, notify winner

5) One point awarded for completing items 1-4 above

6) New winner submits new game entry