• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Superman + Foo Fighters

Published on Jan 12, 2015

"A Smallville Man" is my animatic film featuring an original Superman story told in over 150 illustrations set against the aural backdrop of the song "Walk" by the American Rock band Foo Fighters.

The film explores the relationship between Superman's past and present through separate stories that take us from the jungles of South America to the quaint streets of his hometown of Smallville. For those not quite familiar with South America, it's "like America but south" (sorry for the un-related movie quote, but I just couldn't resist). The two story lines ultimately converge thematically to show that the "S" on his chest represents not just his alien power but also the strength of his humanity.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a not-for-profit independent film honoring the legacy of Superman and the Foo Fighters. It is in no way meant to officially represent DC Comics, Warner Bros, Foo Fighters, or RCA Records. Superman and all related elements are trademarks of and copyrights of DC Comics. "Walk" was written by the Foo Fighters and published by RCA Records in 2011's "Wasting Light."

For more artistic shenanigans:

http://www.mauricioabril.com

https://www.facebook.com/MauricioAbri...

https://twitter.com/MauArtist

Instagram: @MauArtist

lol

Nice.

I have to award you one Ditch point for tying that all together. :)

I didn't create that...I stole it a long time ago, feel free to roll back the points if they are based on skill, effort or creativity. I don't want to upset the other competitors.

If however you are awarding points for placing stolen property in a somewhat relevant place on the internet - then I accept. :D

Oh...I've seen it before...but it was perfect. :)

"We stand on the shoulders of all who have come before us."

- Shellhead, 2011

"...until that point where we can no longer edit the first post." - HarveySwick 2014

:D

Ditch Point Challenge Summary

HarveySwick 31

seanfingh 17

Griff 10

jpepx78 8

Jeffro 7

bababooey 5

Rune 5

Park 4

Gemma 2

Jazzno 2

BlowUpTheMoon 1

comix4fun 1

DeadPoolJr. 1

rjrjr 1

[+]

(thumbs u

How do I play?Do I get two free points for joining.

Or are you all going to laugh and call me names?

Ditch Point Challenge Summary

HarveySwick 31

seanfingh 17

Griff 10

jpepx78 8

Jeffro 7

bababooey 5

Rune 5

Park 4

Gemma 2

Jazzno 2

BlowUpTheMoon 1

comix4fun 1

DeadPoolJr. 1

rjrjr 1

[+]

(thumbs u

How do I play?Do I get two free points for joining.

Or are you all going to laugh and call me names?

Ha. :) It started out as a way to track the "Guess That Comic Book!" game which started here and then moved when I moved the chat room to the journal area.

But I quit the game because no one else wanted to be gamemaster (which was a ton of work). :sumo:

Now it's become a little...uh...arbitrary. :)

Tell you what. I'll start a new type of game and see if anyone want to play. Easy way to pick up some puntos. :grin:

By the way...watch out for jpepx78...he's a monster. I'd have several books going that no one could figure out, and he'd show up and solve them all in like 5 minutes, drop the mic and walk away. It was awesome. :cloud9:

The "Guess Who This Is" Game.

How it works:

Players try to identify well-known people through pictures. Since this is a comic book forum, well-known people could also include people involved in the comic book industry.

1) Solve the current game entry with the correct answer

2) Submit new entry

3) Supply hints when required

4) When entry is solved, notify winner

5) One point awarded for completing items 1-4 above

6) New winner submits new game entry

Rinse and repeat until we get tired of it.

Misc:

Be aware of picture titles giving away the identity of your entry when it is viewed using the "quote" function.

===================================================

Ok...I'll kick it off with an easy one.

Round #1

Guess Who This Is hm

NcfNu0V.jpg

:popcorn:

By the way...watch out for jpepx78...he's a monster. I'd have several books going that no one could figure out, and he'd show up and solve them all in like 5 minutes, drop the mic and walk away. It was awesome. :cloud9:

That was fun to witness. :D

The "Guess Who This Is" Game.

How it works:

Players try to identify well-known people through pictures. Since this is a comic book forum, well-known people could also include people involved in the comic book industry.

1) Solve the current game entry with the correct answer

2) Submit new entry

3) Supply hints when required

4) When entry is solved, notify winner

5) One point awarded for completing items 1-4 above

6) New winner submits new game entry

Rinse and repeat until we get tired of it.

===================================================

Ok...I'll kick it off with an easy one.

Round #1

Guess Who This Is

NcfNu0V.jpg

:popcorn:

Gloria Vanderbilt, Anderson Cooper's mother

New pic:

Young girl reading comic

lt40s.jpg