• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Ever read a conversation on the boards that makes no sense whatsoever...

...until you piece it together with other posts in other threads in other areas of the board?

That's my favorite.

Yes.

I might be guilty of that...sometimes...ok a lot.

...until you piece it together with other posts in other threads in other areas of the board?

That's my favorite.

Yes.

Is this about your stick?

wKC0mCU.png

Kav is slacking off.

Something about this has been eating away at me all day. I finally figured it out. Authors? lol lol lol Posters. Not authors.

:)

They're authors of their own posts.

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

That's my favorite.

Yes.

Is this about your stick?

It could be... :whistle:

Or possibly Foolkiller.

They're actually very accurate. But they don't count posts made in certain areas like the journal area. Their definition of last week means starting on Sunday, I believe.

They work fine for comparing boardies on a relative scale.

Which, of course, will never work for certain boardies who work on absolute scales of black and white, right and wrong, good and evil, black hat/white hat, has a cape/doesn't, in or out, up or down, etc. Comprehension of real world spectrums and reality is prohibitive to collecting children's books.

;)

I'm offended by that statement.

I think I'll go whip up an article on Listverse about it.

lol

That's where 10% of the threads in CG come from.

10 Of The Most Offensive Superheroes In The History Of Comics

Oh, Ditch...tell me you didn't miss the reference joke in my post...

:cry:

And I rarely appear on the list but would fit in about 3rd. I posted 800 times one week and never made the list. I stopped looking at it.

Complain to the CGC

No complaints. Flying under the radar. :busy:

They're actually very accurate. But they don't count posts made in certain areas like the journal area. Their definition of last week means starting on Sunday, I believe.

Which, of course, will never work for certain boardies who work on absolute scales of black and white, right and wrong, good and evil, black hat/white hat, has a cape/doesn't, in or out, up or down, etc. Comprehension of real world spectrums and reality is prohibitive to collecting children's books.

;)

Very accurate while not counting certain areas. hm

lol ok then

;)

I'm offended by that statement.

I think I'll go whip up an article on Listverse about it.

lol

That's where 10% of the threads in CG come from.

10 Of The Most Offensive Superheroes In The History Of Comics

Oh, Ditch...tell me you didn't miss the reference joke in my post...

:cry:

You mean this?

wKC0mCU.png

Kav is slacking off.

Something about this has been eating away at me all day. I finally figured it out. Authors? lol lol lol Posters. Not authors.

These things have contributed to my Friday morning sadness. :(

;)

lol ok then

lol

You're a smart guy Branget. I know you know what I mean. :)

It's like the search engine here. It has flaws, but if you know its limitations it's still a useful tool.

Or maybe you'd like...

There are many ways to skin a cat.

or

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

:grin:

wKC0mCU.png

Kav is slacking off.

These things have contributed to my Friday morning sadness. :(

I feel somewhat responsible for your morning malaise. :(

;)

lol ok then

lol

It's like the search engine here. It has flaws, but if you know its limitations it's still a useful tool.

Or maybe you'd like...

or

That's the third comment this week about how smart I am. S-M-R-T

I thought it would be useful or entertaining to check periodically but with the inaccuracies I lost interest. I know what you mean. I just look at the site as inaccurate because of what it claims to be. It lists the "authors" for the entire site but does not include posts for the entire site. If it listed the sections it counted or counted the entire site then it would be accurate. Not calling for the site to go away. It's mildly entertaining occasionally.

;)

lol ok then

lol

Or maybe you'd like...

or

That's the third comment this week about how smart I am. S-M-R-T

I thought it would be useful or entertaining to check periodically but with the inaccuracies I lost interest. I know what you mean. I just look at the site as inaccurate because of what it claims to be. It lists the "authors" for the entire site but does not include posts for the entire site. If it listed the sections it counted or counted the entire site then it would be accurate. Not calling for the site to go away. It's mildly entertaining occasionally.

It really only counts top level folders (forums). So no test areas, no WC, no journal, no selling areas. But this doesn't really matter to the top posters, who are everywhere. Bottom line, if you make the list, you're posting A LOT. Occasionally, there might be someone who had a large sales thread with hundreds of posts that is not included, but not very often.

Does it matter who posts A LOT? Not really. But it's fun to point them out for entertainment purposes. The Roy/Greggy post contest was loads of fun. :)

where am I on that list?

Unfortunately, you didn't make the cut. :sorry:

I'll start trying harder..........................................maybe. hm

We should start an Outer Limits forum. :idea:

I could provide literally thousands of opinionated posts in such a venue. :)