• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Just a reminder.

The Music Game starts tomorrow, Wednesday 8/19/15 @Noon (PDT).

Should be fun. :)

I'll post more details later today.

Details

- This is a video-based music game. It's approximately 15 minutes in length.

- There are 10 songs, each approximately one minute in length.

- Songs are identified by number in the video. The number will appear for 14 seconds.

- Each song is worth 5 to 10 points depending on the degree of difficulty (see chart below).

- Points will be earned by being the first to correctly post the song title, artist, and corresponding number here in the DFJ. For example, "3) Song Title, Artist."

- Most of the songs in this particular game are easy to identify.

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

- I've obviously never played this game before, but I'm guessing the best way to play would be to have two windows open: one playing the video; and the other opened to the DFJ, allowing you to post your answers without affecting playback of the video.

- Crank the volume. The software used only allowed limited gain control, so there are a couple of tunes that are noticeably lower in volume than the others. Plus, you'll miss the whole experience if you play it like MUZAK in an elevator, and if I find out I'll make fun of you.

If there's a lot of participation and interest, I might do more (probably with limited video content); otherwise, these are WAY too difficult to produce. :cry:

Will any of this music be by Mozart?

More specifically, will any of this be recordings OF Mozart, playing his own work.....?

hm

Is it just music or is it the music video?

It's just music. The video houses the music and allows you to identify the song by number.

For example, the silly video below was created by me, but it includes songs from the group Brand X. If you substituted the songs titles that spin in for song numbers, it's pretty much identical to what you'll be seeing tomorrow.

Just a reminder.

Details

- Songs are identified by number in the video. The number will appear for 14 seconds.

- Each song is worth 5 to 10 points depending on the degree of difficulty (see chart below).

- Points will be earned by being the first to correctly post the song title, artist, and corresponding number here in the DFJ. For example, "3) Song Title, Artist."

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

- I've obviously never played this game before, but I'm guessing the best way to play would be to have two windows open: one playing the video; and the other opened to the DFJ, allowing you to post your answers without affecting playback of the video.

- Crank the volume. The software used only allowed limited gain control, so there are a couple of tunes that are noticeably lower in volume than the others. Plus, you'll miss the whole experience if you play it like MUZAK in an elevator, and if I find out I'll make fun of you.

If there's a lot of participation and interest, I might do more (probably with limited video content); otherwise, these are WAY too difficult to produce. :cry:

More specifically, will any of this be recordings OF Mozart, playing his own work.....?

hm

Um...no.

But, I'm glad you asked.

I read a great science fiction story once - I wish I could remember the name. Archaeologists found some ancient pottery, thousands of years old. The pottery was created on a potter's wheel and was adorned with horizontal marks created by a small stick while the pottery was spinning. The archaeologists used a laser to extract the sound information contained within the clay that was imparted through the thin stick - similar to how sound is recorded on a vinyl LP record. The potter could be heard talking to someone.

Just a reminder.

Details

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

hm

Um...no.

Drat!

I don't stand a chance, especially with all that hippie punk rock music that's sure to be involved. If it's not 80's pop, I'm lost.

But, I'm glad you asked.

I read a great science fiction story once - I wish I could remember the name. Archaeologists found some ancient pottery, thousands of years old. The pottery was created on a potter's wheel and was adorned with horizontal marks created by a small stick while the pottery was spinning. The archaeologists used a laser to extract the sound information contained within the clay that was imparted through the thin stick - similar to how sound is recorded on a vinyl LP record. The potter could be heard talking to someone.

Cool story, bra!

Just a reminder.

Details

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

Showtime in 4 hours.

Impress your friends.

Score points with the ladies (or guys).

Or just kick back and enjoy the show.

Just a reminder.

Details

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

Showtime in 4 hours.

Impress your friends.

Showtime in 1 hour :banana:

Just a reminder.

Details

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

Showtime in 4 hours.

Impress your friends.

Final Warning.

Game starts in 15 minutes.

Just a reminder.

Details

Points Per Song

1) 7

2) 8

3) 5

4) 7

5) 5

6) 7

7) 10

8) 7

9) 8

10) 7

Advice on Playing

Showtime in 4 hours.

Impress your friends.

Final Warning.

Game starts in 15 minutes.

Here it is.

Good Luck!

:grin: