• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

The Crash of 1993

As painful as it was for some of us, the comic-book bubble teaches two important lessons. First, bubble-mania is not always the fault of buyers and sellers. Sometimes it’s caused by intermediaries. Second, sometimes markets don’t “come back.” People who owned blue-chip comics took a hit in 1993. People who owned modern-era comics were wiped out, the value of their collections never to return.

A GREAT read, Shelley, and sobering to see his connection to the world wide housing market.

2lSretd.jpg

How strange then that within 5 years his style became the industry standard. :facepalm:

And we're still feeling the effects today as artists continue to ape his style. :(

Do you dislike Lee's style, or the fact that it became an industry standard style?

All I was saying was how much attitudes in the comics industry changed in a brief 5 year period. :)

And, to me the vocalist in that Beatles cover sounds like Jon Bon Jovi.

2lSretd.jpg

How strange then that within 5 years his style became the industry standard. :facepalm:

And we're still feeling the effects today as artists continue to ape his style. :(

Do you dislike Lee's style, or the fact that it became an industry standard style?

Not a big fan of his style. All his stuff looks almost exactly the same.

2lSretd.jpg

Not a big fan of his style. All his stuff looks almost exactly the same.

I don't think he's a gifted visual storyteller, but I like his style and have always loved his static images/splashes/covers.